cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping gast tank to check vent line

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my pre-owned rv in may. I really like the unit but have had a difficult time filling the gas tank. So my mechanic is going to probably drop the gas tank to see if the vent line is clogged. Has anyone else had to have this done. 2008 Chevy Chassis
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut
6 REPLIES 6

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
I had a smog issue due to a leak in the top vent line. I absolutely did not want to deal with dropping that tank at home. I gladly paid to have that done.

Jose

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your mechanic experienced pretty much what I did working on the Jayco. The lines were drooping, they were deteriorated, and it was BARELY possible to reach the tank without dropping. And yes, it fills more easily than it used to. I try to park nose-down at the pumps if I can, but level works. I doubt if I could fill it nose-up.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
Had the rv looked at by my mechanic. What he found was that the fuel line did have a sharp turn in it that could possibly be a kink. Also the rubber hose line was cracked. Not all the way through but was going to be an issue soon. He did not have to drop the tank as he was able to get to the line. He did say that he found some gas in the vent line and that the fuel line itself got thinner as it got to the tank. He blew out the line and did remove some gunk. He thinks the biggest issue was that the hose had a few dips in it which would cause it to back up. When he replaced the hose he tried his best to keep it level or angled toward the tank. I won't know the result till I fill in another state. In CT we have vapor nozzles which I from what I am told restrict air flow. Here's hopping.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
It was a problem with some mid 2000's Fords. The hose could kink
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still Having that problem??

Let us know what you find out....
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

yamerhammer1
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1 ton drw Chevy that I had a service body installed. The first few tanks of fuel were hard the put in. I brought it back to the service body installer. They found the rubber filler hose kinked. Just a thought. Good luck, hope it's an easy fix
2012 F-250 superduty
2014 Jayco premier 361reqs