cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dynamax Rev 24tb

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Been checking out the new Dynamax REV 24tb on the new Promaster chassis with the twin rear beds online, looks like the kind of floor plan I want but its disappointing with single rear wheels and only 2000lb towing. I guess this is aimed at owners who are definitely not towing!
2016 Coachmen Clipper 17BH
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5
15 REPLIES 15

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
$67k stated starting price before negotiating is a pretty good deal if you ask me. It's right there with the Trend/Viva, probably lower in the end.

Hi Bobojay

Been absent muchly from this site as I sold my Pleasureway Plateau ts and bought a 4 slide Montana, which I just sold.
I have just bought a 2015 Dynamax Rev 24tb which is really what we needed for versatile travelling options. It is really high quality. If one doesn't want a slide version with heavier weights and possibly handling problems(maybe) but with all the necessities including a full bathroom, which is the nemesis for B or B plus rigs, then I think it works unless one has to have a toad back there. Not me.
The quality of everything is really amazing for me, one who has owned 3 motorhomes already. I think the Promaster chassis and the Rev 24tb set up will work fine and is well balanced. The power is there and the steering is good as well as road manners, and, MPG.
cheers
AL

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
$67k stated starting price before negotiating is a pretty good deal if you ask me. It's right there with the Trend/Viva, probably lower in the end.
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you think "less" is more than this is the rig for you.

Less space, storage, power, towing and a lot less money left in you pocket. Nearly $100,000 for these things (don't forget the Trend and Travato), is way beyond absurd. If they were priced under $50K they would still be over priced but would probably sell like hot cakes. For less than half the money we got twice as much 24' C.

:S

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Here it is guys: 24TB

Hate the colors inside on this one but like the price....
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The brochure shows it on the Dodge Promaster chassis which I hope they stick with otherwise its just another expensive Sprinter B+. I hope to see more manufacturers using the Dodge Promaster, Nissan NV and Ford Transit chassis for the compact B+ units in the future.
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5

2wheelluge
Explorer
Explorer
We do not plan to tow (not a car, anyway) but we carry >200 lbs. of bikes and rack off the back. I think the tail would be wagging my dog.
Dennis Siemsen
Cresco, Iowa
2007 Holiday Rambler Augusta 213 B+

szn8tt
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Has anybody seen a 24TB or anything that anybody has one yet?

Some dealers are saying they will have them in January. One told me that it may be delayed, as Dynamax is trying to decide wether to release it with the diesel engine instead.

szn8tt
Explorer
Explorer
Ductape Dave wrote:

I notice that the Dynamax web site fails to give either the dry weight of the Rev or its CCC, but only the GVWR and GCWR. I suspect that there's not much cargo capacity given the 9350 pound GVWR.

I looked at a 24RB at Terry Town RV in Grand Rapids. The OCCC as listed on the yellow sticker for that unit is 1175 #.

Compared to Winnebago Trends (only other Promaster Cs in the US) that I have looked at:
23L OCCC = 1437 #
23B OCCC = 1302#

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody seen a 24TB or anything that anybody has one yet?
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ductape Dave wrote:
Been checking out the new Dynamax REV 24tb on the new Promaster chassis with the twin rear beds online, looks like the kind of floor plan I want but its disappointing with single rear wheels and only 2000lb towing. I guess this is aimed at owners who are definitely not towing!

The Promaster doesn't have dual rear wheels in any configuration. It's not an option offered by Ram.

I'm not sure that dualies on a front wheel drive vehicle make as much sense as on a rear wheel drive vehicle, either. The weight on the front wheels is relatively constant as the carrying capacity of the vehicle increases (more so than the back wheels, at least), and with too much weight you'd start being limited by what sort of traction the drive wheels can produce. This would especially be problematic with class C motorhomes where the front end sometimes tends to be light and the rear heavy.

The Promaster seems to be a pretty nice chassis (from what I've read), within its capabilities, but it appears to be designed for comparatively lighter rather than heavier applications. A big, capable RV chassis with large carrying and towing capacities wasn't their target.

I notice that the Dynamax web site fails to give either the dry weight of the Rev or its CCC, but only the GVWR and GCWR. I suspect that there's not much cargo capacity given the 9350 pound GVWR.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ductape Dave wrote:
Some reviews I've read on the Winnebago trend are getting around 14 mpg, which is about double the ford v-10. For now the front seats do not swivel like the Winnie.
Our 24' RV on an E350-V10 averaged 10.5mpg across an entire 5000 mile trip not towing. We loose 1 mpg when towing.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 1983 we bought a Toyota chassis motor home with single rear wheels (SRW). Through a half-breed recall, I later upgraded the rear axle to true duel rear wheels (DRW) with "D" rated tires. I've been very shy endorsing any motor home with SRW since. The VW chassis Rialta & Vista had SRW which had me shying away from them when shopping in 2005-2007. I just can't see a single rear wheel back there holding up a house, people, gear & food, fresh water, and tow something. Also adding a significant rear over-hang too. It just doesn't seem right.

Give it a year or two and I bet Dynamax will have replaced the SRW Dodge Promaster with the DRW Ford Transit. It only makes sense to do so.....unless Dodge introduces a HD DRW chassis.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it's not double a Ford V-10 in a Class B+ the same size as the Trend. More like 14 vs 10, I would guess. Our Chevy 6.0L 23' B+ got 11-12.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Ductape_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Some reviews I've read on the Winnebago trend are getting around 14 mpg, which is about double the ford v-10. For now the front seats do not swivel like the Winnie.
2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5