cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Rest Sofa Won't Retract

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2009 Itasca Cambria with the Easy Rest Sofa that turns into a bed. The switch on the armrest controls the down and up function for the bed. I put it down yesterday and today it won't return up. I can hear the unit trying to operate when I push the down rocker (sounds like a relay working), but is totally silent when pushing the up rocker side of the switch. The unit was on shore power, and everything else works off 12 Volts, including slides, etc. Any suggestions on what might be wrong??

I found the wiring diagram on line (I think - Dwg 09 730C)), and it talks about a recliner switch and relay.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do you get access to the motor, relay, and wiring? The sofa is really in the way.
1 REPLY 1

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'll answer my own question. Ha.

Took the sofa apart (literally) and found that the mechanism was binding. Seems the backrest had come a little loose from it's 4 mounting bolts which allowed the mechanism attached to the backrest to drop too far down. This caused the mechanical system to go past a neutral point, which stopped it from reversing. I put it all back together and it now works fine.

It least it was not a serious problem.