cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enclosed waste valve, drippage in compartment

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I have enclosed waste valves, and the hose connection fitting is inside the compartment too. And, like every RV I've owned, even with new valves, when I take the cap off the fitting, there is always at least a couple of ounces of brown water. It was bad enough messing with that on the RVs that had it out in the open. Now I find myself with that filth inside the compartment.

Am I the only one?

I probably should post a picture of the arrangement, to get suggestions on how to improve it. The easiest thing, which worked on my past RVs, would be to do put one of these on the fitting.

I'm not sure I have room for it, though.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
6 REPLIES 6

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I've fought this issue on every RV we've had, and new valves never seem to cure it. But maybe it is tissue or something. Yesterday I dumped again, and nothing was inside the cap. I dunno.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Something caught up in the waste valve gasket? Shouldn't be dripping. That happens once in a while to me and I just replace the waste valve as it's not an expensive item.
Kevin

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
If it is dribbling liquid you do NOT need a new do dad.

You need to replace the valve blade.
A very easy and inexpensive repair.
If the valve blade is not seated correctly in the closed position water will seep thru.

You might want to try cleaning it first:
With tanks EMPTY....open valve blade and take a brush and clean around the opening. Sometimes toilet paper will be stuck around there preventing the blade from closing correctly allowing seepage.

A correct/cleaned fitting valve blade does NOT leak. And IMHO just another positive reason to use RV chemicals in the tank to breakdown toilet paper so that doesn't happen. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I added a clear extender to mine so the cap would be attached outside of the compartment. I did this to make it easier to hook up the hose, but it also solves the problem you're having. I also hold the open end of the sewer hose under the cap to catch what ever dribbles out when taking the cap off.

4K-Ranch
Explorer
Explorer
My virus program says that link contains malware...just a warning.
Kim & Kay

1986 Class C Fleetwood Tioga Arrow
E350 Chassis, 460 Ford engine

travelzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I found this WEBSITE: years ago and the idea worked good for me.