cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F53 Beeping

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Several times today in random occurrences and random lengths our '08 F53 Winnie would beep loudly. It was not jacks down. It was not the TPMS. I had no warnings on the instrument cluster but that is where the beeping was coming from. All gauges were in the normal. We were up and down mountains. Engine performance was normal.

I can't find anything in the manual about this. Ideas? Thanks in advance.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
15 REPLIES 15

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
If possible count the number of beeps .My f 150 truck would emit 5 soft beeps from dash area.turned out to be problem with airbag sensor.
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Well I am impressed! I emailed Ford and got a response the next morning. It asked me to call "Motorhome Assistance Center: 1-800-444-3311". I did just now and got a nice chap who took my information but said a tech needed to address it. They were all busy and one would call me right back. Sure, I cynically thought. He did in less than 5 minutes!

He asked many questions. Bottom line is if it were a F53 alarm, the instrument panel would show it also. I'm sure its not a CO or smoke alarm since mine are way back and there have been no beeps since we parked. I'm back to wondering if my electric jacks are the culprit since it sounded like it. Its done it before when one might be slightly down but the jack control panel would also light up---it did not Monday.

So, we'll see if it does it when we move again in 2 weeks. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Hickory, NC

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the ideas. Of course it doesn't do it when parked etc. I've emailed Ford. If I get a reply I'll post it.
Hickory, NC

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
I would have sworn an alarm I heard going off was under the dash, but it ended up being the CO low voltage warning, and on my coach the alarm is half way back to the bedroom.

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm with Tom/Barb look for one of your other alarms, smoke,propane, CO.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
CO monitor battery low warning ?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok so right behind the instrument cluster with no lights... I would check all systems. Make sure your batts are charging (house) make sure your wipers work. Could it be some old school alarm going off where a switch is detecting keys left in the ignition when the door is open?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
No Roadtek. No antenna system alarm. Thanks for the ideas though. This is getting curiouser and curiouser. I may end up asking Ford if someone doesn't come up with something.
Hickory, NC

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Belgique wrote:
Several times today in random occurrences and random lengths our '08 F53 Winnie would beep loudly. It was not jacks down. It was not the TPMS. I had no warnings on the instrument cluster but that is where the beeping was coming from. All gauges were in the normal. We were up and down mountains. Engine performance was normal.

I can't find anything in the manual about this. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Do you have a chassis monitoring system such as the Roadtec computer?

They will beep when there is a change in a monitored system.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have an antenna "up" alarm? Mine would sometimes bounce with a rough rd enough to make the alarm chirp. I re-leveled the switch on the antenna and... 'voila'....no more chirping.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
They are electric. I know the difference since I had the hydraulic on my 01 35U. I liked them.
Hickory, NC

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Had that problem on my F53 Winne. It seems the jack fluid expands as the Temps go up. This will push one of the jacks down just enough to turn the warning buzzer on. The cure is, when bringing the jacks up don't shut the controller off. Just let it time out. As I remember 2 or 3 minutes. This bleeds off all pressure and worked for me. I think this tip was in the jack manual or Winne tip sheet.

On edit after reading above post by OP.

Are you sure about your jacks? I looked up the Specs for a 08 Sightseer 37 J and jack call out was "Leveling Jacks hydraulic, automatic controls w/remote"

You may have a later 08 or early 09 Winne. In that case you may have a "Level Best" jack controller and a Power Gear jack system...Still hydraulic. Double action jacks aka power down, power up.(No Springs)
But with some problems, search the forum under Power Gear.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
My jacks are electric. No hydraulics like on our '01 Itasca F53.
Hickory, NC

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
About the only Ford installed alarm is if the E-brake is still on. No seatbelt, head lights on, check gauge and such alarm. I'm with Corkey05 and maybe the jack reservoir. Get a good angle on a climb or decent and all the oil moves to the front of back of the tank and trips the low level alarm. That is if you system has an alarm feature.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53