cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiberglass reinforced gel coat?

RoadHound_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to strip the 3M mask off the front of my 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and was wondering about the materials used to construct the front end. It looks like fiberglass reinforced gel coat but does anyone know for sure?
Jody & Sylvia :C
Smokey and Casper - miniature schnauzers
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ
5 REPLIES 5

RoadHound_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'm sure it is gel coat over fiber glass. Just so happened there is a 2002 Endeavor here in the park and his is gel coat/fiberglass like your 2000 and looks the same as mine.

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 Endeavor front cap is fiberglass with gel coat on the exterior. Actually, the gel coat is applied to the mold before the fiberglass....same as a boat.

If you damage it getting the old coating off, it can be repaired.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

RoadHound_RVer
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, naturist. Your phraseology is better. Thanks for clarifying.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Um, gel coats are not fiberglass reinforced. A gel coat is applied over fiberglass reinforced resin to make a glass-free surface.

I do not know what materials were used in your 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, however.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
RoadHound_RVer wrote:
Getting ready to strip the 3M mask off the front of my 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and was wondering about the materials used to construct the front end. It looks like fiberglass reinforced gel coat but does anyone know for sure?

about 99% are built this way