cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First "official" Travato video..

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Here's Winnebago's first official Travato video. The interior looks nicer than the prototypes that we've seen previously. I don't like the fact that they are leaving the front cab seat covers stock ProMaster like they did with the early View/Navion models...looks cheap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhWZatIj2g
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van
20 REPLIES 20

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure after they get that new "B" plant up and running that they'll have another floor plan pop up.
The newer redesigned ERA only had one floorplan it's first year in 2012.
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
I especially like the screen door for the sliding door, but I especially dislike the 120 volt only 4 gallon water heater.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
This isn't a bad floorplan, but on the class B forum, it does have some shortcomings (and they are subjective... something that doesn't bother me may be a deal-breaker for others, especially the fact that the bed may be too narrow for a couple.)

I would guess that this is Winnebago's first stab on this chassis. I'm hoping they would come out with a floor plan more like a PW Ascent or a RT SS Agile eventually, even if they do a floorplan similar to some European rigs which use multi-section sliding doors (like the Travato's bathroom door), but have the shower be in the aisle. That way, the bathroom wouldn't take up as much space as it does in the Travato, but yet, with a closed door, it would be big enough to be usable and private.

Maybe they could get Truma (a German company named after Truman) to sell their products in the US. They have a 14 liter water heater (1500 watts propane, 850 on electric) that would be very compact and usable for this type of rig. To boot, when the temperature gets near 35 degrees, the water heater will dump its contents, so it doesn't freeze.

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Additional Information -
Lichtsinn.com Travato 59G Picture Series
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I love the floorplan and design features. The 14 gallon grey water tank is somewhat limiting but for touring it's probably adequate. Very nice!
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Travato
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8