Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing Swivel Chair on Jayco Greyhawk

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning,
I have a 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS. There is a chair to the right of the entry doorway that, using a left-side tab, will slide away from the wall, and using the right-side tab, will swivel. The swivel tab has always been difficult to operate and now appears broken. It is a nice feature to be able to swivel since there is a small window behind the chair that is available to look out of then. Well, the tab appears to be disconnected to the base. I was trying to look under the chair to see if I could fix it but there is not much ground clearance. I did not see any bolts attaching the chair to the floor as the carpeting goes to the base of the chair. Does anyone have an idea how I may able to correct this?

It's not the end of the world, but I do enjoy the swivel feature.

Thanks!
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
9 REPLIES 9

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
COOL I'm glad it helped.

To cccchuck, THANKS. That is what this Forum is all about, help out when you can and learn from others.:B

Pictures and links are always very useful here.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
YES!!!!!
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

ccchuck
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
The one on my swivel seat looks like this.

The metal part holding the plastic grommet slips into a hole in the base of the seat and that holds it there.

Hope that this helps.

This is Good Sam at its best, going out of your way, well "under" your way to help, no smart remarks, etc., just help -My hat's off to IAMICHABOD.
RVing since '74..

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The one on my swivel seat looks like this.

The metal part holding the plastic grommet slips into a hole in the base of the seat and that holds it there.

Hope that this helps.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I found that the front lower section of the chair can be taken off. Here is a picture of the connection dealing with the swivel. I cannot see figure out what this piece looks like in its proper position. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I will try that.
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
The chair probably also has bolts holding it to the swivel that you can access directly under the chair. Probably a little more work to reach, but do able.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I took a look at the storage compartment and that is where the propane tank is bolted in. I guess that is too big of a job for me.
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
The bolts go thru the floor and should terminate in the storage compartment direcly below the chair. The carpet probably has "V" cuts and you should be able to lift if up to see the bolts. That lever is attached to a cable and you may be able to modify it pull from under the chair if you can't fix the tab. If you go to remove the chair I recommend 2 people, one holding the bolts in the basement and one working inside,
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!