cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fleetwood Fiesta Electrical Problems

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
In our 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B our house batteries are not being charged by the shore power and electrical power slowly fades until we turn on the engine, then the fans/AC work, lights brightened etc. I am told our converter is to blame, looked at the schematics that said the converter should be somewhere between the sink and stove but it isn't. The inverter is. What is the difference between a converter and an inverter?

I don't really understand electricity..why doesn't the shore power maintain all our interior utilities like TV, AC, lights, electrical outlets..aren't they all 120? At present we have a charger on 24/7 to the house batteries but it doesn't really do the job.
32 REPLIES 32

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
The converters are usually close to the battery compartment. If you have a grill under your ref. remove it and look inside. the converter may be covered with loose wire looms and hard to see.
Wildmanbaker

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
my 2007 Fleetwood bounder is in rear bedroom back wall behind closet door look in cut out above floor see if its there

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
looked in everything that is accessible so I guess behind the two batteries in the front stairs of behind the power panel are hte last two possibilities

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Plug your coach into 120VAC in a very quiet location and listen for a humming sound.

Two places I would look is under your front steps and BEHIND the 110VAC power panel.......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No, I am not sure. I have an older Terra pamphlet that has the 34B floor plan.
It would not be behind paneling.
I have seen some in the upper cabinets and in closets.
Just guessing!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Well there is no room in the head and the wall under the TV is solid, don't intend to rip up panelling. Not under the fridge as there is no cabinate, sure you are looking at our RV?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might be a candidate for a visit to a service center.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It would not normally be in a slide.
Floor plan of the 34B that I have a copy of would indicate that it could be in the head or under the Big TV on the head's front wall, or in the bedroom on the head's rear wall.
It could be in the cabinet below the fridge

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood Fiesta v2010 34B

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
They are in different locations based on year and model.
As posted earlier it could be under the refer door, under a dinette under a bed. It should be inside the rig in fairly close proximity of where the shore power cord enters the rig.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

mnoeltne
Explorer
Explorer
My Fiesta is older and a different model, so I'm basing this on a web search.

My search indicates it might be under the fridge or oven. You may have to remove a drawer to get to the area next to it.

The other possibility was under the bed, but I think that was a different floor plan of the Fiesta model.

On my older model it's under one of the dinette bench seats.

Look for a dark brown metal panel. If you have a WFCO panel like I did, then the brown panel covers the circuit breakers. The converter or inverter will usually be nearby, usually behind it somewhere.
Mark & Joyce Noeltner
2005 Fleetwood Fiesta 26Y
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport

cooper841
Explorer
Explorer
if your is like mines there is square vent in the bathroom. remove it there where mines was.My panel box is under the micro just up from bootom of the floor.The cover for it is brown in color.
Dana Cooper
Chipper(Lab)
2007 Fleetwood Fiesta LX
2003 Harley Fatboy mighty hauler lift
2010 Kia Soul

balfre1946
Explorer
Explorer
where is that panel?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You must have on or the other somewhere.
Did you look for the information on the power distribution panel?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow