olpops
Explorer
Explorer
Dw and I have been considering a move from our 5th wheel to a Class C

This is the model we like a lot but are open to suggestions
Forest River Sunseeker Grand Touring Series 2800QSn
We are only interested in the models without the extention over the cab

Main reasons for this transition is :

Ease of backing into tight sites that we find in the old state parks we use a lot
Easier hook up and set up
Easy Access to bathroom and kitchen while traveling
Smaller total footprint

I would appreciate input from folks that own the same model of class C we are looking at or something similar

Thanks
Don't Worry, Be Happy
5 REPLIES 5

ChrisMatthews
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing this info.

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
rbrand wrote:
We have, over the last 50 years, gone from a truck & Camper, to a camperized van. Sailboat, 24 'Class C, 30' 5th wheel and now to a 26' Forest River Lexington. This class C is easy to drive. It has a nice layout. Our criticisms would be; it has a short Queen(your feet hang over the edge). The TV is in the entertainment center over the cab and it is very uncomfortable for 2 to watch TV. There is no way to place a toilet paper holder or a soap dish in the bathroom.

But we like it.

Interesting in that I have the same sort of thought regarding the TV placement and TP holder. We don't watch much, if any TV, so having 2 units in our MBS Sprinting is kind of ridiculous (for us). And the TP dispensers, or lack of - past amusing. I thought it odd that FR just gave you the TP dispenser assembly,in the box, for you to decide where to place. After sitting in the bathroom, looking around, I now understand what they did not install it - no place to put it that makes sense.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

Ziggy_the_BB
Explorer
Explorer
rbrand wrote:
We have, over the last 50 years, gone from a truck & Camper, to a camperized van. Sailboat, 24 'Class C, 30' 5th wheel and now to a 26' Forest River Lexington. This class C is easy to drive. It has a nice layout. Our criticisms would be; it has a short Queen(your feet hang over the edge). The TV is in the entertainment center over the cab and it is very uncomfortable for 2 to watch TV. There is no way to place a toilet paper holder or a soap dish in the bathroom.

But we like it.

In the 2800/2801 the TV is located opposite the couch/theater seats over the dinette, not in front. One of the reasons we selected the 2801 was the location of TV and the optional theater/reclining seating. Also, the bed is full sized queen and NOT short, but it is split and only usable when the rear slide is out.
This advise and/or opinion is worth what you paid for it!
Paul

1992 Fleetwood Jamboree
1995 HR class A
2000 Custom Monaco Windsor class A
2003 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB 43 class A
2016 Forest River Forester 2801 class C
2018 Renegade Verona Super C

Ziggy_the_BB
Explorer
Explorer
We traded in our 2017 2801QS (the Forrester version) in January with 12,0000 miles and many camping nights. It did everything we wanted and more. For 2 people, I couldn't find or imagine a more roomy comfortable small RV.

What you *MUST* do once you take delivery is to have the front end aligned to FR specs. They and most class c manufacturers do NOT align the frontend after building so the weight is not accounted for in the alignment when it ships. With that and the right air pressure in the air bag, you will not have any handling problems that so many complain about with class Cs of an E450.

The only caution I would advise for this or any Class C (or A for that matter) is that you familiarize yourself with emergency slide retraction/extension procedure as the mechanisms used (Schiwntek) are notoriously bad (even the new and improved). We never had a problem but I was very engaged in the slide uses.

I think that FR via it's website/forums/club does an excellent job of being a responsive manufacturer and our personal experience with FR (not the dealer) was way beyond pleasant ans probably the best relationship we experienced over any other brand we have owned. They really go a step beyond. If you haven't done so, visit http://www.forestriverforums.com/ read the forums and see for yourself.
This advise and/or opinion is worth what you paid for it!
Paul

1992 Fleetwood Jamboree
1995 HR class A
2000 Custom Monaco Windsor class A
2003 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB 43 class A
2016 Forest River Forester 2801 class C
2018 Renegade Verona Super C

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer

But we like it.
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired