cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From my B to a C - Recommendations?

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
After 5 happy years with my PW Lexor, I'm starting my research for buying my first C. I live in Colorado but drove the B to Tampa and will have frequent extended visits here with my dad through the winter, so plan to trade here as I am far from any inventory at home. I'm a research addict and am happy to visit loads of dealerships as well as the Supershow in January. I've seen about a 1/2 dozen units so far, new or used, gas or diesel, just depends on quality,reliability but 21-24', slide optional but prefer not, 80" bed length preferable and rear bed/bath combo desired, vented air, large rear window over bed (we'll miss those cargo doors on the B) Have you owned units like this and what can you tell me about your experience with them? Thanks for your input, I won't make a decision till after the new year so have plenty of time to make a good choice.
AbbyArts
15 REPLIES 15

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
absolutely will be at the Supershow mid-January, wouldn't miss it, its great.
Will re-check on the Cruisers, sounds like you're happy with yours.
AbbyArts

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
abbyarts,

There is an anual huge massive mega super-d-looper RV show held every year sometime during the winter in Tampa. I advise you go there and research your heart out. While there, check out the Phoenix Cruiser line of motor homes. It seems a very popular switch from people wanting a little bigger than their B offers. Phoenix Cruisers are B+s offered in many different lengths and floor plans, just enough bigger to meet your bigger need without feeling like you bought a barge.

We bought ours new in 2007, model 2350 that measures 23'-8" over-all length. You can view ours HERE. I endorse the product and the company that backs it up.

CLICK HERE to get to their website.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:
We just looked at a Forest River Sunseeker 2250LE on a Chevy 4500 chassis at Dick Gore RV (I think that was the name) in St. Augustine. Sales guy said the price was around $55K. It has a 60x80 queen bed in a slideout. Sounds like just what you are looking for.

Snowman, knowing the original poster, she's looking for a better quality unit than the FR units......
I hadn't heard of Nexus either, but they sound like the one to beat

I was a little put off by the build quality of the 2250LE. The salesman happened to mention that it is an occasional model usually built during show season, for a price point. I don't know if that model is indicative of all Sunseekers or not.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
you are correct bobojay5. If that bed slide breaks,no bed. Nexus looks really good and fairly priced.
AbbyArts

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
We just looked at a Forest River Sunseeker 2250LE on a Chevy 4500 chassis at Dick Gore RV (I think that was the name) in St. Augustine. Sales guy said the price was around $55K. It has a 60x80 queen bed in a slideout. Sounds like just what you are looking for.

Snowman, knowing the original poster, she's looking for a better quality unit than the FR units......
I hadn't heard of Nexus either, but they sound like the one to beat
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
abbyarts wrote:
yes, I'm very impressed with the LTVs and almost chose their FS last week, an '07 was on one of the lots I visited, but decided to go with a C instead of the Sprinter B. If I find a used Libero I'll check it for sure, but otherwise I neglected to mention the small detail that my $ is 80k or less, and less is more.

You are just a little too late. A couple months back I could have pointed you to a gently used Libero close to your price range at my dealer in Minnesota. But someone snapped it up...

They don't come up often and they tend to go pretty fast.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
Just checked out the Phantom, yes, that's very nice. Hadn't heard of them before.
I'll look into that. Re the LazyDaze, I've had a longstanding love affair with them, beautiful vehicles but the layout won't work for me as I want a separate bed and dinette (or sofa) area. Have also liked Born Free for a long time but again, layout and $. I'll be looking at 3 more tomorrow and then can post the ones I've seen so far. Any you've had and hated?
AbbyArts

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
abbyarts wrote:
yes, I'm very impressed with the LTVs and almost chose their FS last week, an '07 was on one of the lots I visited, but decided to go with a C instead of the Sprinter B. If I find a used Libero I'll check it for sure, but otherwise I neglected to mention the small detail that my $ is 80k or less, and less is more.

$60,000 and change will buy you a top of the line, very well equipped, brand new custom Nexus Phantom 23P.

Just sayin.... :C

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
AbbyArts

BusterMama
Explorer
Explorer
Like mumkin, I think you'd be tickled pink with a Leisure Travel Van Libero. It's got everything on your wish list, lovely cabinetry and quality construction.
Bigsby, the 2013 LTV Libero

colddog15
Explorer
Explorer
Another very good factory direct company - http://www.lazydaze.com/ . Used LazyDaze are very hard to fine also. Owners tend to hold on to them till they die.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Based upon our very happy experience I would recommend you take a look at the line up from Nexus RV. Our Phantom 23P sounds a lot like what you seek. The overall quality, fit and finish are off the chart and you would be dealing factory direct with the owners unless you get lucky enough to find one used as we did but there are not many out there. Good hunting!
:C

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a 24 foot class C for over a year now and am very happy. If you want to get in cheap, you can buy a used Cruise America RV like I did. If you want new, Thor, Winnebago and a number of other companies make good class C RV's. Go to shows, go to dealers, shop online, watch the classifieds. You'll find something that you have to buy.
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A