cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front curtain replacement for Winn MH

Rhmartinelli
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Winn sightseer 30 B that needs a front curtain replacement. Any DIY help would be appreciated.

Bob
10 REPLIES 10

AstroRig57
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
Why take the rail down? just slide the hangers out the end. May have to remover the catch securing the rail end.

Because if his Winnebago curtains are like mine, the retainer at the end of the rail is riveted on AND the rail end butts up against other upholstery. One way or another, they're going to have come at least partially down.
2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rhmartinelli wrote:
How do you remove the old curtain?

The curtain tracks on my motorhome all have clear little plastic clip thingies screwed onto the end of the track to keep the curtain from sliding off the end (with springy prongs to hold the first slider in place so the end of the curtain remains anchored at the end). Removing the clip allows the removal of the curtain.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado River Blinds

Rhmartinelli
Explorer
Explorer
How do you remove the old curtain?

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why take the rail down? just slide the hangers out the end. May have to remover the catch securing the rail end.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Rhmartinelli
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your input. I can buy the curtain and the tape and sew them together. To remove the old curtain and install the new one I will have to drill out the rivet that attaches the rail to the wall and then use a screw to secure it to the wall after installing the new curtain. That's how I see it. Any comments.

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Roads and Routes to Class A
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

KRumm
Explorer
Explorer
You might check out a local fabric store... Chat up the clerk and ask if someone in the area could make them for you.. Pick out the fabric & lining and give them and the old curtains and a guide...

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Generally curtains are not all that high tech; DIY sewing of a curtain is not too hard for someone even a little skilled at that sort of thing.

I've been thinking of replacing many of the slide tracks for curtains in my motorhome (which are the style where little C-shaped plastic clips attempt to slide on a T shaped plastic track) with Ikea Kvartal tracks. The Ikea tracks are aluminum extrusions with little wheeled carriers that slide through them. The usual Ikea ceiling mount hangs down an inch or so (and the extrusion itself is about an inch in height), but I think I can attach them to the ceiling directly with Teks lath screws, sneaking the screwdriver through some carefully drilled holes in the interior web of the aluminum extrusion. If all goes well, this should make for much more freely operating curtains. Depending on what your problems are and what the exact layout of the curtain track is, this may be a reasonable solution for you as well. (Ikea does have right angle curved track pieces available.)

You probably will have more help if you get a moderator to move this to some other more relevant category.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Dyers RV Parts
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams