cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Length Queen size beds

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Who besides Winnebago makes a Class C with a full length (80") queen size bed? Almost everyone has 74" long beds, and my husband is 6'3" (75 inches). Everytime I find a floor plan I like, the bed is too short for him ๐Ÿ˜ž
20 REPLIES 20

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
The foot of our bed was a walkway that allowed us to beef up the foundation and put in a California Queen (84"). Really makes a difference especially when our headboard is sloped inward which makes full use of the bed even more difficult.

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! Glad I am not alone in my frustration. And some mfg don't even specify on their websites (like Jayco). We'll be headed to the RV show in Dallas next weekend with a tape measure.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I think you'll have to look at specific models within brands.

Here's a Forest River C with a Long Queen

And another one with a Short One

Amazes me that in 30 feet of length or 8.5 feet of width, they can't find 6 inches!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I totally agree. For the sake of six more inches of bedroom, manufacturers are losing out on so many sales.

I wish the short bed was never invented, even if an owner fits the short bed, it restricts future educated buyers. I will never have one again.

And, my fifth wheel has a full length queen bed, 80 inches!
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

laserdogs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I've seen longer beds in the cabover bunk, but we're hoping to use the regular bed in the bedroom.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes the cabover bunks are longer. Mine is somewhere around 85" to 90" head to toe, and roughly queen width. I don't know the precise dimensions offhand. (The length of the typical cabover is of course related to the width of the motorhome, which is somewhere in the vicinity of 96" inside dimension in most cases. Angled sides of the cabover section or cabinetry reduce the bed length.)