cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furnace won't cycle back on regardless of temp

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks. Our furnace in our 2004 Rexhall works fantastic BUT, after it has warmed up the rig it doesn't want to come back on so the interior temp gets cold. I'll I have had to do is move the thermostat lever and it comes right back on and warms it up.

I figured it must have been the thermostat so I replaced it but sadly, it still tends to do it. It's not consistent but never the less, we were camping in some 30 degree weather this last week and the rig would get pretty darn cold before I would climb out of bed and cycle the thermostat again.

If it matters, the thermostat is the old school Honeywell 2 wire non digital unit.

Anybody have ideas of where I should start looking? Thanks very much
3 REPLIES 3

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
If it is mounted in an out of the way place or inset where normal airflow does not pass it by you may have dramatic swings in the on and off cycle. I had to move mine in my last RV. It was a matter of a few inches around the corner but it worked great after that.

If yours is in a small alcove, just let it hang by the wires into the normal air space or use some temporary method.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
BAD Circuit board. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Make and model of furnace would help.
I would clean contacts on the circuit board.
Inspect connections on time delay relay depending on make and model.
Are you connected to shore power or running off battery power?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker