cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galley Cabinet Loose

jb3vairs
Explorer
Explorer
While doing the initial cleanup on our new (to us)'97 Fleetwood Discovery I found that the corner of the galley/kitchen cabinet is loose in the front corner and is no longer solidly attached.
There is about a 1/4 inch gap between the ceiling and the cabinet. Before I try to reattach with a piece of angle and screws (which I am not sure would work) is there a tried and true method of repair for this?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

jb3vairs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip. I will check out the wall side before trying hooking to the ceiling. BTW our 2 Shelties definitely know their position on the totem pole around here! 😉

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Was it originally fastened at the front? Cabinets are usually attached to the back wall. Check and ensure that it has not become loose on the back wall and is actually tipping forward. If the back is loose retighten the screws which should pull it upwards. and if you feel it necessary catch a ceiling joist and put an L bracket there. Ensure that you catch a joist though so that it does not just pull the ceiling panel down.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.