Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generator

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
How much oil does a 7500 quiet diesel hold and what viscosity should you
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
4 REPLIES 4

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
What about Rotella there is 15-40 white bottle then 15-40 gray bottle which is synthetic blend, then the blue bottle is 5-40 pure synthetic then if you add Lucas which I have used in diesels since the 1990's it is used one quart per every five quarts and they sell it in a smaller bottle for Harleys which would be the size used in a 3 quart system I know it is another wrinkle a friend owns a trucking company and has trucks with millions of miles and he has used lucas in that mixture of 1 quart for every 5 of oil . I told him I just wanted to get it right and it is a used motorhome his r4ply was more reason to use lucas oil additive he told me he also has a bluebird and it is nice 250k on it his kids run the business mostly, and this is how he thinks the generator and motor will last longer especially in hot weather and he uses the Rotella 15-40 synthetic blend. Is the more you learn really the more you know
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
15W40 is good anywhere. We've used it from Az @ 120 to -50 in Mn.

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
Correct viscosity may vary according to ambient temps you plan to use the generator in. 15W40 is generally good, but if you're doing winter camping in cold climates, you might want something else.
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
15w/40 and should be 3 qts with oil filter change. This should be ON the Onan by the Start switch, including Onan Part numbers for Air/Oil/fuel filter. Newer Onans do not have these labels. Doug