cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam roadside assistance

luggnutts
Explorer
Explorer
I would really appericiate some opinions on the good sam roadside assistance program. many thanks in advance.
23 REPLIES 23

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
Have GS... excellent response, good service....great tow driver.... we got towed off I-95 @Wash DC midnight on a Friday in the pouring rain.. he towed us to a Walmart, he had already called the store mgr, picked us up in the morning, towed us to repair shop....
Only issue.....we had an engine problem (Cummins Alternator failure) GS insisted on towing to an RV shop because it was 8 miles closer... they were not equipped to effectively handle the diagnosis & repair... I wanted to go to the Cummins shop 8 miles down the road........
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
We have had GS service for 8 years and have used them on numerous occasions.
Great service and very timely. Wouldn't be without it.

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam towed us twice this winter. Always be sure that you get your rig towed to a repair shop that has the software to diagnose any engine problems w/ the proper software. We didn't the 1st time and had to have a second tow from Gallap to Albuquerque after 5 days and J&J trucking repair shop couldn't fix the problem w/ our cummins engine although they had a cummins sign on the highway. Good Sam was great to cover over $2500 in tow costs!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
Used them twice so far in four years. A fast leak that killed the tire before I could get off the road and a tow home after an engine failure. I had to pay for the replacement tire but not for the road side service cost. The tow cost me nothing but I was only a few miles from home getting the coach fueled up.

What ever Emergency Roadside Service (ERS) you choice just ensure they are familiar with RV's. Also check your insurance, you could have coverage there also. Plus most RV ERS providers cover all vehicles you own. Not just the coach.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I would have roadside assistance of some kind, either Good Sam or Coach Net, I have had both and I go with who gives me the best price since they really are the same, Coach Net may have a few more extras but.... A tow can be hundreds of dollars so it pays for itself really.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

jswat
Explorer
Explorer
We've had GS for 12 years and used them 3 times. Service was good and every time I received a follow-up call to make sure we were taken care of properly.

booty51
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is do not travel without roadside assistance, you never know when you may need it! I had to use mine once in 6 years but was sure glad I had it.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
They have let me down twice. They refused to change the tire on the trailer that I tow behind the motorhome because they didn't consider it a "camp" trailer. They also refused to let a tire shop repair my outside dual on the motorhome(nail in the tread). Told me that my only choice was to buy a $700 tire and have it put on. I called the same shop that I was supposed to buy the tire from, and they came out and patched the tire. The patch, labor, and service call cost me exactly $100.

I will be switching to Coach Net in April. The reviews on this forum are Much more positive for Coach Net!!!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
koda55 wrote:
Have had GS for 5 years now. Only had to use them once and was very happy with the response and the follow ups till the tow truck got there.

Ditto X2
Have had GS for 2 years as a week end RV'er and 7 years as a full time RV'er.
Very happy with the few times I had to call them. Appreciated the follow up calls during the wait time also. Just a simple call to keep you informed but sure does help make the wait seem shorter.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Worked twice for me. They responded on the phone immediately. It took a while to find help for me...but really, Sunday in Indio, I was just happy they found anyone open. Again, no problem to report.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allstate Motor Club, the current GS ERS call center contractor, has a good reputation. I hope GS stays with them when the current contract expires.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
So far GREAT. Blow out inside rear of DP Sat about 6, middle of now where, GS had someone there in less than a hour with a new tire....Had it mounted and was gone in 30 min....Did I mention that it was pouring down rain?????Made a customer out of me.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Have had GS for 5 years now. Only had to use them once and was very happy with the response and the follow ups till the tow truck got there.

jtfcons
Explorer
Explorer
My experience is a bit different, but still positive. I was looking for a reliable RV service facility, hopefully near me. I phoned GS and got a couple of referrals. Called one and learned they were less than 20 miles away. Set up appointment and got the job done. Appreciated the inside track to a reliable service.
John & Sharon, 2 Daughters, 2 Sons-in-law, 5 GK, 1GGK
Rat Terriers (Twiggy, Annie)
1997 HR Imp., 38CDS, 1 Slide
325 Cummins C8.3Mech., MD3060, EBw/Coast.Sw.,
Toad-2003 GMC Envoy 4X4, Excallibar TB, Pressure Pro TPMS, Henderson Mot. Ctrl. Units