cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got yelled at!

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Last night, I was sitting outside reading quite late - like 1AM. Just couldn't sleep. I had no music, no TV, and a bottle of water. Just nice quiet time with the sounds of late-night nature. The reason I sat outside is that my leg is a bouncer, and it drives my partner crazy.

So, the guy next to us on the DRIVER SIDE SITE comes over and raises holly hell that I am sitting outside this late, and that it is quiet time! He was loud. So, I stood up, took off my glasses and asked him why I was bothering him? He said it was quiet time and everyone is supposed to be in their RV. I told him to go away and call the host if he has a problem with it, and to leave me alone.

This morning, his wife came over to apologize. But, they still moved to another site. I am OK with that. The camp host came by to ask what happened, and I explained. He just rolled his eyes, and said he was sorry to bother me.

So, reading quietly is not allowed, according to this guy? I sit outside late often to read. While it is not normally that late, I am a bit of a night-owl. Thoughts?
98 REPLIES 98

DesertSpooners
Explorer
Explorer
When someone says or does something that you do not understand, it is always a good idea to realize that you don't have all the information. The way he treated you was confusing and wrong. The way you handled it by making a new friend encourages me to always be kind. The Bible says the fruit of the spirit is kindness...and you made some friends in the process. His wife sure needed for someone to reach out to them in kindness. God bless you.
Still having fun!

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the guy that was upset had been partaking of the evil beverage...and had a few too many.
2014 American Eagle

cbayman
Explorer
Explorer
I only read the Class A Forum because that's what I own, so I am glad it was posted here. Personally it should have been posted in all the forums as it is a lesson everyone can learn from.
Chuck & Marcie
Great Dane - Arabian
37ft 02 Beaver Patriot
Saturn LS2 Toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
RE: This not being posted in Class A forum.....and personally, I think this post should be here to get everyone thinking about accusing a person before knowing all the facts!

I just checked the first entries of topics here on Class A and here are just some to criticize, too. 🙂

Destin weather; For dog lovers; streaks off rubber roof; Garden State Parkway; Ocala C.G. Info; Difficulty searching Craiglist, etc. etc. None of these pertain to Class A only but noone is complaining. Lighten up!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
GTN_and_Catz wrote:
Kiwi_too wrote:
Why is the noob wrong? Why does the fact that you want it in class A mean it belongs here? One of my first thoughts was that this will be moved to ATC. This is not a class A issue. I do think that paulsang is a great person and handled this much better than I could but it is not a class A issue.

Seriously???:S
This is one of the best threads I've read on this forum in a long time.
No tires.
No batteries.
No date codes.
No hydraulic levelers.
No electrical issues.
No Toad questions / comments / issues.
This was a fun, informative read with a great ending.
Lighten up.

Oh yeah - IMHO.

although it probably should have been posted in a different forum, a noob according to the rules is not allowed to criticize another member for 6 months. its a rule. and it certainly isn't worth getting worked up over. 🙂
bumpy

lincoln30
Explorer
Explorer
shame on you. next time don't turn the pages so loudly.

Rossey
Explorer
Explorer
Would have told him to pound sand !!!

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Why is the noob wrong? Why does the fact that you want it in class A mean it belongs here? One of my first thoughts was that this will be moved to ATC. This is not a class A issue. I do think that paulsang is a great person and handled this much better than I could but it is not a class A issue.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Goes to show you...don't jump to conclusions until you know all the facts!

OP - Paulsang, you're a jewel!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Maybe the Noob is just angling to get invited over for dinner, Paul! 😉

sort of going about it the wrong way however.
bumpy

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the Noob is just angling to get invited over for dinner, Paul! 😉
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

paulsang
Explorer
Explorer
Dinner was really nice. What a nice couple. It was just a nice normal evening getting to know new friends. Turns out that one of their children live not too far from us!

They pulled out this morning. I am sure we will get to see them again.

deejay41
Explorer
Explorer
Another Nut Case !!
US Air Force (retired)
Tiffin Allegro Bus Class A
Cat Diesel Pusher
Blue Ox Aventa 2 w/ Brake Buddy
Dodge Dakota - Toad

Have Dogs-Will Travel

revump
Explorer
Explorer
You handled it well ... enjoy your evenings and early, early mornings
Bob

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
paulsang,

What a great act. I really hope you have made another friend.