cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS-Phone-iPad stand for driver

Keeter59
Explorer
Explorer
Because of the way my RVs dash is made there is no room to clamp my GPS, phone, iPad, etc so I could use them at arms length while I am driving. I decided to "create" one. Here is how I did it. I bought a 1" galvanized pipe and 2 flanges. I spray painted them with a black rubber paint. I bolted one flange into the floorboard near the right side edge of my dash. Then I screwed the pipe into the flange. I bought a 6x6 piece of frosted plexiglass with the corners rounded and glued it onto the top of the 2nd flange. I then screwed the second flange on top of the pipe. I purchased mounts for my iPad and phone and laptop computer from Ram Mounts® and attached them with a U-bolt to the pipe at heights I desired them to be. Now I have my GPS attached to the plexiglass with a suction cup on top of the set-up. I have my phone readily available at arms length. My iPad and Computer are visible with minimal eye off the road viewing. It all cost a total of $176. I bought a chrome cover from the plumbing area at Home Depot® and use it to cover the flange that is bolted into the floor when I want to take the set-up out.
3 REPLIES 3

fulltime55
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you need all that while you are driving...accident waiting to happen

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II

Something like this??
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures?
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD