cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian RV QuietPact 75D

jpress328
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem with my RV Diesel Generator. I am not close to I dealer. But if I know what is wrong I can repair it. This is what is happening. The generator starts and sound good but after about 10 to 15 seconds it shuts down. But if I hold the preheat button down it stays running until I release it. I would appreciate any help.
7 REPLIES 7

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the OP will ever come back and post what was found to be the root cause.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The control board is trying to shut the unit down. when you hold pre-heat button down you are by-passing control board and supplying voltage
directly to fuel pump and run solenoid at fuel inj. pump., thus engine continues to run. but holding preheat switch in for too long will overheat and damage glow plugs. As other posters have suggested, you may have bad oil pressure switch, hi water temp switch (although this switch will usually run for few minutes if bad). There is also a overspeed adjustment on control board that can need adjustment. And , finally, if generator is not producing a.c. power, the control board will shut unit down. Possible causes for this are bad field brushes, voltage regulator, or (hopefully not) rotor or stator shorted or open.
And, is generator drive belt driving the generator rotor? This unit has a ribbed belt that drives the generator. There are so many causes for the symptom you have....you need to get a factory service manual, or find a competent service facility. THis generator , as well as all the RV/Mobile generators have been "orphaned" by the manufacturer, but parts are mostly still available.

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Oil level is low or bad oil sensor.
I've got the QDP75 & have torn into mine a bunch. They are pretty solid and seem to have typical failures that are commonly taken care of with some good Preventive maintenance habits.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

OLYLEN
Explorer
Explorer
I would say if it keeps running when the prime button is pushed you have fuel. Oil pressure sending unit, oil level, high temp sending unit, fuel filter? Is it throwing a code?

LEN

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
siggyd777 wrote:
Are you LOW on Diesel fuel ?
Siggy

The reason he is asking is the fuel pickup for the gen is a ways above the bottom of the fuel tank. Around a 1/4 tank, the gen will shutdown to prevent you from running out of fuel and not being able to leave and get more. A year, make and model would also help with correct answers, Welcome to the forum.
Wildmanbaker

siggyd777
Explorer
Explorer
Are you LOW on Diesel fuel ?
Siggy
Happy Trails
Siggy & Ursula
2011 Dutch Star 4020,ISL 400,Compr.brake,FTL XCR,IFS
Allison MH3000
2015 Jeep Cherokee,4x4 Active Drive II,V6 , Brake Buddy,Roadmaster Sterling,
Camping since 1975 Pop-Up,1986 22Ft.TT,1999 Gas MH,2005 KSDP,
2011 DSDP,FMCA 368283

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome;

either the oil level is low, the oil pump may be malfunctioning or the low oil pressure switch is defective

downloadable Manual can be found at
soa.generac.com/manuals/6756411/0D7427
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind