cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anyone replace floor with Coretec luxury vinyl flooring?

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a bid to replace my carpet with Coretec flooring. Its a snap together flooring with a cork backing for added insulation/sound management--they say. He also said that water could penetrate where it snaps together, but wouldn't be easy. He suggested a cotton rug around kitchen, shower, etc.

I'm just concerned about the water issue, especially around the shower as the door drips on the floor whenever we shower.

If you have used this product or know someone who has I'd appreciate their experiences. It's pretty expensive.
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat
5 REPLIES 5

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
i would not put that in a bathroom at all

MarkieBob
Explorer
Explorer
We decided to go with a sheet vinyl instead. I didn't like the idea of flexing mh going down the road with that snap in stuff.
2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Alure because it always got great reviews on this forum - it's been through several nasty winters and has held up fine. Easy install, looks nice, no cupping etc.
Kevin

Can-AmDuo
Explorer
Explorer
I just did an online search for Coretec and found some interesting reviews. I don't think I would install it until they get the issues resolved.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/flooring/msg072252296538.html
Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Shame to cover up a nice new floor with cotton rugs because some water will leak through it and damage the floor under it,hmmm.