cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heating element?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Fleetwood Bounder need to change the water electric heating element where do
I get to the element?
I donโ€™t need to know where to get one I canโ€™t see where it is on my heater? It is not in the front of the heater!
I canโ€™t see it on the inside of Mh?
20 REPLIES 20

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I am NOT going to do this I am taking it to shop!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL Atwood/Dometic built in the last 25 years the element is in the back. As I stated, Fleetwood, you have to remove the Water heater to replace the element. The OP pics show the bottom outside Fleetwood access plate. You remove the screws and cut the sealant to access the BACK of the water Heater. This gives you access to the Plumbing lines and the 120 power cable. "most" Fleetwoods the Power 120 cable is long enough to pull out the water heater and place on a short stand/table beside the sidewall of the motorhome. Remember, The Heat element is LONG. So, that is why you have to pull the water heater. IT IS EASIER TO WORK ON THE BACK AFTER BEING PULLED. Trying to pull the water heater out partially and working from underneath will just increase your profanity yelling. Doug

Bruce_Brown
I just found a diagram, it's on the back.

Click to see diagram.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
shastagary wrote:
Replacing Water Heater Element on Atwood GC10A-4E Water Heater

This photo shows where that red arrow is pointing and there is not a element there?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like I am going to get on my back and look at it myself my wife usually finds me on my back is after I fall down.
This time she finds me on my back she might just leave me there but I like to Bo this stuff myself you guys know what I mean!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Etrailer photo is pointing toward the drain plug.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
Now I am confused one says it is in the front other says it is in the back?
I think it is in the back
I looked inside for access to the back no access anywhere?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This shows where water heater 120 volt element is located.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah where is it on the heater.. Two ways to find it.
Atwood or whatever replaced that label on the 'Backside" (inside the rv) there is a black box.. it's basically under and perhaps slightly above that box under the insulating foam

Suburban I suspect much the same place. but follow the 120 volt wires. That easy.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.amazon.com/ATWOOD-ELEMENT-GC6AA-10E-GC10A-4E-GCH10A-4E/dp/B0843CSKMP/ref=asc_df_B0843CSKMP?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79852142364588&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451673471548&psc=1
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer

The top pic is under the Mh the bottom of the heater

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
sssooo wrote:
How do I post photos? I saw a video that showed a actress in the bottom of heater I think I have one I have a photo of bottom and it looks like a actcess boor in photo?
I a m 72 and I canโ€™t get down!

Photo posting info

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
How do I post photos? I saw a video that showed an actress in the bottom of heater I think I have one I have a photo of bottom and it looks like a actcess door in photo?
I a m 72 and I canโ€™t get down!