cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heating element?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Fleetwood Bounder need to change the water electric heating element where do
I get to the element?
I don’t need to know where to get one I can’t see where it is on my heater? It is not in the front of the heater!
I can’t see it on the inside of Mh?
20 REPLIES 20

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You have 2 choices. ATWOOD(Dometic now) and SUBURBAN. If you cannot see from the outside that means ATWOOD. For a Fleetwood product, the lack of clearance on the inside means you have to PULL the Water Heater to replace the Heat Element. Doug

PS. How can he KNOW where to get one without knowing and posting Brand/Model of Heater?????????????????

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
OP said: "I don’t need to know where to get one I can’t see where it is on my heater? It is not in the front of the heater!
I can’t see it on the inside of Mh?"

Bruce Brown was only one to understand your question, and gave best answer.

If someone here, has same RV, and model of heater, they would be a good source of info. If you can see brand/model number of heater, that may help too.

Jerry

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Pull the old out, take it to a good hardware store or home improvement store, and ask for an exact replacement. They come in different wattages, different voltages, and different lengths.

Bruce_Brown
Look on the back side of the heater.

If all else fails get the model number and check the manual. :B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
sssooo wrote:
I have a 2018 Fleetwood Bounder need to change the water electric heating element where do
I get to the element?

First most water heaters. All of them far as I know. the heat element are stanard size.. you can find them at Lowes. Home Depot. and the entire list of usual suspects (hardware stores. Plumbing stores and others) I know the big box stores carry 120 as well as 240 volt elements.

Second and this comes from a more expierenced RVer.

Get an element rated 1500 watts at 240 volts (the most common element) that's only 375 Watts at 120 I did not notice the lower wattage in terms of hot water.. If I need more fast I simply added gas (propane) to the heat program.... (Did that when I had a 1500 watt element in place anyway) But I did notice the difference when I was parked on a 30 amp site.. Big time.. (Less tripping of the park 30 amp breaker).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Ebay or amazon
Make of water heater?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow