cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hello

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. I didn't see a welcome page so I thought I'd say high here. Great forum here with a lot of info. We are new owners of a 2014 Thor Four Winds SK 35. Powered by a Super Duty 6.7 Ford F-550. We are looking forward to better weather so we can get started traveling and seeing the sites. Hope to see you out there. :B
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett
2014 Thor.. Four Winds 35SK Super C..F-550..6.7 Diesel
CRV, F-150 & Wrangler Sahara Toads..TST Tire monitor
19 REPLIES 19

carlada
Explorer
Explorer
Hello and welcome ... we're taking delivery on an 08 Jayco Seneca HD GS35 Wednesday. Have an older class A on the consignment lot, hoping it will sell soon.
Carl

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I want to thank you all for your kind comments and great suggestions. This being our first MH has caused me to to do ALOT of studying on this forum and receiving all the information I've needed to this point. So a BIG thanks to everyone that contributes here. I hope to be able to help out in some way and know that I've helped somehow. I've got our MH out of cave storage and kinda doing a shake down at home. (I'll wait to hook up water for another week or so). The only issue I've noticed (minor one) is that my TV antenna will not rotate 360 degrees. So up on the roof I go. Found out that there is not enough coax loop to allow the full 360 degree turn. If the MH was out of warranty I'd repair it myself but I think I'll let the dealer make the repair. I also installed the TST 507 tire pressure monitoring system. Seem's to read within 1-2 psi below what I know the actual tire pressures are. I also gave the 6K genny a good 4 hour exercise with around a 60 percent load. The weather is real nice today so I figured while I was on the roof looking at the antenna issue, I'd do that spring washing of the roof with some UV protection as well. Well that led to a whole washing of the MH. Good to go until late fall. So, so far all is good and can't wait to get out there for real. Thanks again everyone.
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
As most on here will tell you, most good experiences are the result of previous bad experiences. Somebody on this forum has already made any mistake you can think of and posted about it. Hiding your identity behind a made up user name offers you the chance to contribute your own mistakes without embarrassment. That's how we all learned.
Now, get out there and embarrass yourself and tell us about it. Maybe you'll make a Hall of Fame mistake that nobody has made before, but I doubt it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. Beautiful looking Thor you have there.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

NMace
Explorer
Explorer
The knowledge available here and the willingness to share it is amazing. These guys and gals, combined know it all. I mentally thank them every time a slide behind the wheel.
2002 Silverado 6L 1500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab
2011 Puma 295 KBHSS

tommykelly
Explorer
Explorer
While at Lazydays in Seffner, Fla. there were two with the F550
both were Black exterior.

Very impressive..

That was the first F550 class C I had ever seen

I know you will have a great time in that huge Class C.

Congratulations!!

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Practice with the awning extending it and then retracting it until you can do it in the dark, also practice mentally what the procedure is when "hooking up"
1. Turn and make shure pedestall brakers are off, check for volage and polariry with a probe from Home Depot or Lowes, by turning brakers on, when all is ok turn brakers off and then plug electric conector to the pedestal and turn brakers on.

2. Turn water faucet on and see when clear water runs, then hook water hose with a pressure regulator and or filter.

3. Then hook your sewer hose to the drain system.

Same order when leaving the cap ground and if you use the roof anttena make shure that you return it to its original flat position.

You are giong to find that the more you travell in your rig the more you like it, it beats all hotels and restaurants.

Welcome to the RVing world.

navegator

moose888
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck with the new motorhome hope to see you on the road.

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
cncdude wrote:
Welcome. Make sure you take a short shake down weekend run before a big trip. With a new rig there is a lot to get use to.

We have a shake down scheduled, right next to our dealer just in case. Hopefully we won't have a need to call them. There are in fact a lot of "new" things to get familiar with. We are ready to get started though. :B
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett

cncdude
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. Make sure you take a short shake down weekend run before a big trip. With a new rig there is a lot to get use to.
Four Winds 33K

rskrbina
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your responses and warm welcomes. We're just "Patiently" waiting for this cold weather to go away and be able to experience our MH and new sites and meet new friends.
Rudy, Jenny and Garrett

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome Rudy, Jenny, and Garrett. This is a great place to hang out and look for information or trip plan. Lots of friendly people and a few grumpy ones. lol
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!! Hope you have many happy, safe trips and will share your experiences with all of us....
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome aboard. While mine's a lot shorter at 19', I'm sure you'll enjoy the roomy comfort of the truck cab (vs the usual van cab) as much as I do. Have fun!

Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')