cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP NEED HWH PART !!!!!

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am trying to locate a new or used HWH synchronizing cylinder for my drivers side slideout. Here is the history of the part changes that HWH has made, any of these will work.

synchronizing cylinder AP12484 Original part
replaced by RAP90474
replaced by RAP12484
newest HWH parts RAP 48733, RAP93246 hardware kit

I have the newest one on order from HWH, with no ETA

I checked the following places with no luck.
Visone
Stuarts
Colaw

I have a 2004 Mandalay 40D, if anyone knows where a salvage Mandalay may be located let me know.

Also any other salvage yards would be great.

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
19 REPLIES 19

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
JCat wrote:
Cost for the rebuild was $367.

Also they had a hard time getting the thing apart, they finally figured it out, but did not give me the details. I think it took 2 extra days to get it apart.
Also they tested it with air and not fluid as their fluid testers were too high pressure for this type of cylinder.

Thats interesting. The working PSI of the HWH pump is 2900 to 3200 PSI. Doug

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cost for the rebuild was $367.

Also they had a hard time getting the thing apart, they finally figured it out, but did not give me the details. I think it took 2 extra days to get it apart.
Also they tested it with air and not fluid as their fluid testers were too high pressure for this type of cylinder.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting the solution. Glad you got it fixed.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
JCat wrote:
The final solution.

I took the cylinder to a local hydraulic shop where I am now in CA and they were able to rebuild it. I installed it yesterday and the slide out works great. Problem solved.
Still have not heard back from HWH on a replacement part, so I guess they are many months behind.

What was the cost? Doug

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
The final solution.

I took the cylinder to a local hydraulic shop where I am now in CA and they were able to rebuild it. I installed it yesterday and the slide out works great. Problem solved.
Still have not heard back from HWH on a replacement part, so I guess they are many months behind.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Bikeboy57 wrote:
I donโ€™t normally disagree with Doug, but i have successfully rebuilt HWH slideout cylinders and locking cylinders with readily available seals and o rings. Its not rocketsurgery. The hard part is getting the cylinders out. A trick if you need to extend or retract a cylinder is to disconnect the OTHER cylinder, cap the lines, and use the extend retract button. Of course the cylinder must be disconnected from the room.

The OP states SYNCH cylinder NOT a slideout extend/retract cylinder. You have rebuilt Synch cylinders? Sych cylinders are easy to remove and reinstall. Doug

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found a shop in Florida that have done it and would do it, but I'm in CA now.
A couple of the shops here want to see it first, so I guess I will have to pull it and then take it to them.

I asked Stuarts if they had the replacement part and they did not, but I will ask if they can repair as well.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t normally disagree with Doug, but i have successfully rebuilt HWH slideout cylinders and locking cylinders with readily available seals and o rings. Its not rocketsurgery. The hard part is getting the cylinders out. A trick if you need to extend or retract a cylinder is to disconnect the OTHER cylinder, cap the lines, and use the extend retract button. Of course the cylinder must be disconnected from the room.
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try this shop.......Stuart's Service

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
In all the years(over 30) I have been involved with HWH and Repair, the ONLY HWH part I have heard of being repaired locally is the Jack cylinders. Doug

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have talked to 1 local shop on the rebuild and they said that some of the HWH are crimped on the end and they cannot rebuild.

Does anyone know of a shop that will do the rebuild ?
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I checked back with Visone, and talked to Bucky this morning.
Although there were 5 2004 Mandalay's shown on their website, the pics were taken when they arrived at their yard, which has been many years back.
The part I needed was either not available or had already been taken off the wrecked RV's.
But it was worth a call back.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
That bunch must have plenty of money or to lazy to look for a part they can't make a fortune on.

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
Excellent idea CA Traveler, had not thought of that.

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP