cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP--planning 7000 mile trip.....

The_Waites
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for advice on best way to find campgrounds on our chosen route. We prefer CORP, State, Forest & Fed. campgrounds. Also can anyone recommend a reliable GPS device. If it also had built in back up camera we'd be thrilled. Thank you for your help.
18 REPLIES 18

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have an early model Rand McNally GPS. It has many campgrounds in the software. You can look up COE, National Forest and other government campgrounds. You can ask close to you or close to a city.Phones apps do not always work as they rely on cell service which may or may not be present.
US campgrounds does work for me while planning at the house.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
There are several smart phone apps that I've been pretty impressed with. The one I use is RV Parky, tells you all the camping and parking areas near a location that you input. Most are free, or little cost.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 on US campgrounds...topo/elevation feature lets you find CGs at elevation for cooler boondocking.

Can't recommend .......this GPS/backup but it looks interesting for the price. Scroll down and you will find several more.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Although not all inclusive, this site may help with some of your campground planing.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog