cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot water heater bang

Tramp844
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. When my water heater lights it lights explosively ! BANG !! whats wrong ??? im worried its going to blow up my coach !
Our God is an awesome God !
K4RGA
6 REPLIES 6

Tramp844
Explorer
Explorer
Think it might slide out enough to take water lines off ? Its a 1993 allegro bay 27' class c.
K4RGA

Tramp844
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes it does ok. Sometimes it goes BANG when it lights. I just turned it on with no problem . it lights fine at first then when it tries to relight it happens,,sometime and sometime it lights just fine. Thay stuck this HW tank under the kitchen cabinet/sink area i have no clue how to get to the back side of the tank to take off water lines if i have to remove and replace it or to install the thermostat for the hot rod electric heating thing. No access pannel at all.
K4RGA

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
When was the last time you tried to turn it on? Is this the first ever?

Tramp844
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I'll clean the burner tube. If that does not help, whats next ?
K4RGA

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Too much propane is collecting before the igniter sparks it off. Like when you open the bbq grill valve and then the igniter won't light and then after a few tries it finally lights and BOOM! you get a big ball of fire in the bbq that singes your hair, if you happen to be looking over it when it goes off.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad air fuel mixture, or critters camped out in your burner tube. Start by cleaning the burner tube.