cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you open windows behind stove & sink in RT SS Agile?

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
The countertop in my 2012 Roadtrek Agile SS is so close to the windows that I cannot get my hand down in there to turn the crank to open either window. Since the RT owner's manual says to open a window when using the gas stove, how does anyone out there do it? Of course, I open other windows, instead, but am stumped as to why the counter was placed so close to the turn knob. I'm going to try to get the visegrip to reach down in there, but, even if this works, I should not have to resort to this. Is this a design defect anyone else has noticed?
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile
2 REPLIES 2

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
As Arizona Kid said, any window will do. I don't open the windows for the purpose of using the stove. I just turn the overhead fan on. The unit isn't airtight and it has been my experience there is enough normal draw to suffice. Alarm hasn't gone off, yet. If you want a window open, I'd open the sliding door window.
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it means you have to open that window, I think any window will do.
As for the window itself, maybe they never were meant to be opened, and they used one with the knobs because it was what they had in stock, and fit the space. Be careful, the windows could be sealed shut.