cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Current RV Market to Sell My Coach?

Racorman
Explorer
Explorer
We love the rig and are reluctant to sell it especially if the market is poor and if Class A's are hard to sell because of the gas prices and inflation. We're in the the SF Bay Area and lots of people are leaving the State of California. My wife and I are looking for some insight as to the current RV market. Many thanks!
AKA..... 56Nomad
2012 Itasca 30' Class A
2013 Jeep 2dr Wrangler
9 REPLIES 9

Pbutler97
Explorer
Explorer
Cincy Steve wrote:
Our financial advisor, who also owns a DP, predicted 6 months ago that ‘22-‘23 would be a buyer’s market. ??

It's already a buyers market and is accelerating further in that direction. The economy in general is tanking quickly. Wait until Opec+ makes the announcement today, and watch what happens.

Link

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Name your price and put it out there. Worst case it will sell at full pop very quickly.
In a normal market the RV will never be worth more than it is today.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Cincy Steve wrote:
Our financial advisor, who also owns a DP, predicted 6 months ago that ‘22-‘23 would be a buyer’s market. ??

I believe so. Interest rates will probably take another jump and it appears that a sharp downturn in the economy will take hold by December or January. Add to that the people that are already over-leveraged and it may be folks will not be buying as much, but also dumping rigs they can no longer afford. And that doesn't include layoffs that are starting to ramp up. Facebook is quietly laying off 10% of it's workforce.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Cincy_Steve
Explorer
Explorer

Bruce_Brown
The market has changed so much in the last 6 weeks its incredible.

6 weeks ago was a good time to sell, today the market is terrible.

Interest rates are way up, the stock market is way down - people aren't in the mood to spend $$$.

Good luck.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The main difference is if you want to give it away, in which case it will probably go quickly, vrs SELLING your coach, which takes a little work. I sold my last coach within two weeks for substantially above NADA high value. I used Craigslist and did not worry about a bunch of BS replies. My eye was always on the outcome. I knew from previous listings what most buyers are worried about so I addressed them in the listing. I added to my price an extra $3000 for new tires and mentioned in the ad that I would install the customer's choice of tires or give them back the $3000 credit. My last buyer paid top dollar and asked for Micheline snow tires all of the way around, front and rear. Living in Florida I had to have them trucked in but he was happy and there was no further negotiation. As it turned out they wanted to use the coach for Winter travel to ski resorts and the tires worked great for that. Mention how new your batteries are because that is something people ask about. Have all of your service receipts and have all current maintenance up to date. Basically make sure that the coach is ready to go immediately on a trip. I even offered to pay for an out of area buyer to stay in a local RV park for one night so that we could go over all of the coach systems. Best $50 I spent and the new buyers were thrilled. What makes the difference is how confident you are with your coach. If the buyer senses that you are sincere and willing to go the extra mile, they are very unlikely to want to negotiate the price down. My last two coaches sold for exactly my high asking price with a minimal amount of hassle. We also have a DMV office right up the road and the title is transferred as soon as I have the money in my account. If you have a good coach, and have confidence that it will stand up to a close inspection, then take a little time and SELL your coach rather than just list it for sale and lose thousands.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We just sold our C in August due to paying for daughters college vs. loans. Also, we want a different layout for the 2 of us vs. 4 people.

Point is, ours sold within a few weeks on RV trader. Prices listed were HIGH. I undercut those prices by $8 to $12k. Don't think we left money on the table...we didn't. Today, those same comparibles are still for sale and have lowered prices.

Bottom line for us was that what we sold if for was still a GOOD price. A few key ingredients to selling are excellent pictures and write up. Not just specs, but tell them what fun you had, experiences you had. Have a good price. If you model is selling for X price, can you undercut it by listing it at a few hundred or a thousand less? Again, that price is up to you and is subjective. At the end of the day it's only worth what someone will pay you.

And I would not worry about the gas prices...ours sold fairly quickly while gas was still over $5 a gallon. And I made sure the 55 gallon tank was filled as a "bonus"...it helped.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
theres really no good bad,time if theres some one out there looking they,ll buy. with things the way the are now doesn,t help. put it up and see what happens. p.s I,d leave ca too.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
The “lots of people leaving the state” aren’t necessarily buying RVs. With kids back in school for the long term and interest rates up, probably the worse time possible to try to sell an RV.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad