cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

77lindy
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 1977 Lindy 20' perched on a Dodge B300 chassis with the 440 cu in motor and automatic transmission. She is currently undergoing a full mechanical service bow to stern. When we get her home we will probably add headers as I understand they increase horse power and mileage. Any other recommended changes?
Roger
undwtrexpl@aol.com

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
We are starting our first year of actual camping with our rig. We had one 1500 mile trip at the end of the season in MICH. Spent 6 months getting it into travel shape.

I told her "But honey it was such a good deal at $500" She was not impressed, but LOWES, MENARDS, HOME DEPOT, half a dozen local RV dealers and every RV place I could get into in the Elkhart area, and the heavy vehicle mechanic were amazed and awed that one man could be so devoted (stubborn - according to a certain very beautiful woman)to his motorhome that he would spend money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

While the restoration is largely finished and there is no payment book. As far as the blonde is concerned "It ain't payed for".:R

Just kidding. We both love it.:B
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

pugmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I need to get creative on the seating/bed in my '76 class C.
The long seat slides out into a bed but is a royal aggravation haveing to lift it slightly in the center front, aggressively pull it out,layout the mattress, then push back a little since the two piece mattress isn't the full size of the bed. Someday I'm going to injure myself fighting that thing!
The gen compartment and the storage/battery compartments are under the thing so I can't put in a typical RV sofabed. I would like to create something simular with hardware that will fold out and back up as a sofabed does, but I haven't found any kind of hinged and sliding hardware that could work. I could probably design and build such, but I hope someone might know if such a thing exists before I make the insane attempt to build it.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

tkahike
Explorer
Explorer
TOCMOM: Our heater was bad to. We removed it and capped the line. Then I bought a portable heater with a CO detector built in. That little thing cranks out the heat and I can place it anywhere, since I like it a little cooler, and like to keep the kids warm. I can also hook it up to a 20lb tank if I want to, or of the little 1lb tanks.
Its smarter to be lucky then its lucky to be smart!

1986 29' Corsair travel trailer with a 2001 Suburban 1500

My other favorite forum: www.MINIONREPORT.net

Rhonda_K_
Explorer
Explorer
BT call Home,

We also have a vintage Tioga, we have all the manuals as well. The old motorhome was my parents, now it is ours(never any other owners). If you have any questions let me know, if I don't know the answer, my parents may.

Rhonda
Rhonda & Scott
Tasia & her Barbie fishing pool
1978 Tioga 24'
2005 Stingray 185

EdgarTheBear
Explorer
Explorer
HiTech : the issue of whether a chassis is called one Year or Another, has Nothing Whatever to do with Class C's ; it can have to do with ANY MOTOR VEHICLE made since 1896.
Edgar[purple][/purple]

Cali_Cole
Explorer
Explorer
I have the original shop manual for the Dodge M350 and M375 Chassis with the electrical schematics. I have a 1974 Commander built on the M375 and had to replace the entire electrical system so I know your pain! If you give me an e-mail address I can scan the schematics and send them to you. On another note there are 4 or 5 wires that are located on the back of the ignition switch that come lose. Look under the dash at the back of the switch and push those back on, the are marked โ€œBโ€™ for battery, โ€œIโ€ for ignition, โ€œSโ€ for starter and so on. There is also a fuse block under there to your left. You can use a voltmeter to check the various positions of the ignitions switch and see if it is supplying power. If itโ€™s the ignition switch e-bay has one for about $30.00.
Cole
Cole's 72 Commander

skills4lou
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! I just bought a 73 Banner Class A on the dodge chassis. Has the 440-3 motor. I started it this morning, it ran for about two minutes then died. Now I can't get it to do anything. Battery power is to the starter, but nothing going through the key. The heater fan doesn't work either. Any ideas on where to look? thanks

Also, I need a new engine oil dipstick. Thanks!!
I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet ๐Ÿ™‚
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

'07 Sequoia, 92 Wilderness 24M

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
This is very common in Class C motor homes. The chassis is built in one model year, the remainder in the next. In all cases the standard in the RV industry is to consider the MH to be the year of final assembly, just as a car with an engine from the year before is considerd to be the year of its final assembly.

In some states, the registration goes by the year of the RV. In others it goes by the year of the VIN on the windshield, which will be the year the chassis is built.

JoeMac1000
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 72 Minnie Winnie, The DMV calls it a 73 because it was first sold in 73, whats a years among friends.

It has a strong running 360 Good old Dodge Motor.

whiteknight001 will e-mail you for your site address. ๐Ÿ™‚

Joe
JoeMac1000
73' Minnie Winnie, 360.

Still up and running strong. ๐Ÿ™‚

A bad day of fishing sure beats a good day at work! ๐Ÿ™‚

old_joe
Explorer
Explorer
I have 1973 Starcraft Starcruiser on a M375 Dodge with a 413 cu bought 3 years ago for 300 dollars.today I would not sell it or trade for a new one.Have a lot of time involved getting it road ready,it is now inspected an ready to do some movining on.
ROBERT ALLEN

wooper
Explorer
Explorer
hello there
I just bought a 1977 Dodge Cruise Air 21 footer I think .
dodge 360 motor with 76000k.
seems to be in not bad shape and I drove it home- OVER 900 MILES and no probs at all--even though the temp outside was around - 18 all the way.
Took a lil getting used to driving it---the crosswinds and all but WOW --it was fun..
but now---I need help-----I dont even know all the stuffit has----I keep opening doors and finding things.
here what I've found so far.
( Coleman powermate 8 HP 4000watt generator )
( big mag wheels all around )
( Hydro Flame #7220 heater )
( roof air )
Does anyone else have this heater unit or this generator and if so-a manual or--an explanation of how to start or test them ?
also anycounsel on this motor or things to look out for would all be appreciated.
Wayup in COLD COLD COLD CANADA

thx

Mike

tyndalelady
Explorer
Explorer
I am officially post #109. We just bought (yesterday) a 1973 Fireball on the dodge chassis. I dont know what size engine...lol....havent even raised the hood. One of the older couples here in the RV park were upgrading to a monster 5th wheel and we couldn't stand to see them trade this thing in.

We got it for a steal of $2000 and EVERYTHING works. We took it for a trip around the block last night and she purrs like a kitten.

We do need to eradicate the green shag carpet and work around the avacado appliances and paint the dark wood and get the cigarette smell out and recover the cushions......you get the idea.

This will be too much fun.

Missy
SKP# 83686
2001 Dodge Quadcab 8.0l V10 --- Miles
95 Royals International --- Betty
97 Lance Squirelite 195 --- Tex

BT_Call_Home
Explorer
Explorer
This is FANTASTIC! I thought I was a nut case for being so proud of my vintique. 1979 Tioga I believe it's a Dodge. DH takes care of the engine (wish you guys had been here last summer to give him some advice) and all moving parts. I take care of every thing else. Just got this thing last May and I am like an addict. Can't wait for Spring. Don't think I'd up grade even if I could afford to. IF only I could get rid of the squeak in the over cab area I would be in heaven. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks Sir Knight for starting a wonderful thread. Bernie

Snakeman
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 1978 Robinhood 24' and it has the 440 Dodge engine.
We are still finding out what does not work like the funace. My wife (Tracy) and I have two teenage girls who love dirtbike riding that is why we got our rig. A friend of mine just got an Establishment 1980 I think, so we will be traveling together out in the desert. This weekend will be our maiden voyage.

John
1978 Robinhood 24' Class C with Dodge 440