cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

keep_n_busy
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased 1st motorhome. Basket case 18' 1977 Dodge 360 Chinook not abused but very neglected. Paid the owner to drive it the 200 miles over a mountain range to my home as I was afraid to put it on the open road! Well it made it but I don't know how. No emegency brake, oil and transmission dipsticks barely had oil on them, gages did not work, exhaust fumes inside would gag a cockroach and the back door was tied shut.The interior is comparable to the above discription also. But I like a challenge and this old girl will be put back on the road before the end of this year. Would appreciate hearing from any other "vintage" Chinook owners out there as I'm certain I'll be looking for suggestions on how-to??? :B

ksalmond
Explorer
Explorer
edgar... they (veh reg) couldn't verify my registration even by sighting the vin... bc/canada law asks for 2 sights... my 76 did not have it... but it went throught because previous registration had been approved... but heaven forbid i cross national borders
ksalmond

*1976 dodge tioga c class
*16 ft edson travel trailer that the gf took over as a studio
*old f-150 that's been running on 5 cylinders for 3 years
*dodge caravan that will never run again but i can't part with
*two cats, a plymouth voyageur the gf took over as her travelling advertisement
*and o, ya, a gf : ))

ksalmond
Explorer
Explorer
hi, i bought an old fbi stakeout van (1976 dodge) in cincinatti, ohio, in 1980... the fuel gauge never moved off 1/4 tank... i got rid of it 15 years later... and the day i did, a fellow in a gas station said... stuck on 1/4 right? i said right... he said, but it will never quit... you gonna have to give this baby away : ))
ksalmond

ksalmond
Explorer
Explorer
hi, pug, i have the same problem... a $90 tent from surplus herbie's solved the problem
ksalmond

Birdsong
Explorer
Explorer
Count me in - 1978 Chinook Futura, Dodge van chassis, 400 2-barrel, 727 auto. 67K mi., some systems tweaking and it's ready for some road trips! Can be seen here. ~Scott in TX
Scott & Jamie
Wimberley, Texas

78 Dodge Chinook Futura

"Not all who wander are lost."

tkahike
Explorer
Explorer
Koldei,

I've been looking at getting a brush guard for my beast also. The two things I have done, is measured the frame and width. I've been to a couple of custom shops, to look at brushguards. I have found 1 that kind of fits. I'm really thinking of making my own. Either out of black pipe and then weld a U to it, or just keep looking. I have seen Dodge vans with them, and since dodge really hasn't changed that chasis in years, you could make it work. I mean they have had the same dash board, for what 20 years.

And also I have been getting the traveling itch also. Winter is just to cold for the little ones. I think about another month and I will go out. Heading out to Dayton OH in May.
Its smarter to be lucky then its lucky to be smart!

1986 29' Corsair travel trailer with a 2001 Suburban 1500

My other favorite forum: www.MINIONREPORT.net

77overland24
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I've just recently found this forum after purchasing my first RV, with the one easy payment method. It's a 1977 Overland 24 footer on a Dodge Van MB400 chassis, with a 10500lb GVWR. Look forward to corresponding with everyone!

skills4lou
Explorer
Explorer
There was about 3 inches of snow this morning here. I'm still planning a trip starting this saturday. I just plan on not using the water system. Should be lots of fun, since this'll be my first trip.
I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet ๐Ÿ™‚
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

'07 Sequoia, 92 Wilderness 24M

Koldei
Explorer
Explorer
so it's been 2 weeks since groundhog's day,
and officially a month to go before spring..

I for one, am happy that the midwestern groundhogs had a nice, overcast day. they forcast an early spring, and while it's been cool and wet, it hasn't been freezing and icy.

lately I've had way too much time on my hands, and I do beleive i'm way overdue for a good roadtrip

tryin' to shake the winter blues, in favor of the colours of spring!
robert
1972 Rectrans Discoverer25R
Dodge M300 Chassis w/413

Koldei
Explorer
Explorer
so i've been looking for a brush guard.
no luck yet.
any ideas?

'72 M300 chassis
stock dodge bumper/grille there HAD to be grill/brush guards for teh pickups somewhere ๐Ÿ˜‰

ideas on where to look?

Robert

(PM maybe? probably not a lot of public want for this info?)
Dodge M300 Chassis w/413

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
Well here's a question.

What is the best way to detremine if the gas gauge is bad at the meter, or the sending unit, or if there is a broken circuit?

Any thoughts on repairing cracked rotocast (Plastic) grey or black water tanks?
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

Koldei
Explorer
Explorer
mostly a headcount for mopaRV's ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dodge M300 Chassis w/413

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
Is this group out of gas?:Z

Hellooooooooo.
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

Sound_Choice
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Gang,
I don't know if you want to hear from any Class A's...but mine is an old Cobra MH on an m-400 chasis...440-3-engine. In general there's damn few of us MOPARs left. There is a FMCA chapter called "The Durable Dodges" Just FYI
"...bases are loaded and Kc's at bat...
taking it play by play!"
Kc & Barb
'74 Cobra Dodge 440(on the mend)

denisondc
Explorer
Explorer
77lindy; My impression is that headers wont help miles per gallon or power, unless you are running the engine above 4000 rpm. And of course you would need to have the rest of the exhaust system match the flow rate of the headers. But since the engine in my m400 chassis is only turning about 3000 rpm at 60 mph, (and the driveshaft speed is only about 2780 with the 4.55 rear axle ration), I dont need headers.

There is an MSN group for fix-up old RVs of whatever make. It is still small: http://groups.msn.com/MotorHomeRefurbishorRestoration.
For the vintage dodge based motorhomes, the url www.classicwinnebago.com leads you to the classic winnebago motorhome crowd - which includes other makes, even includes the occasional chevy P30 chassis under a winnebago.

There dont seem to be any Bad vintage RV groups, its all in what the reader likes. I like them all.
72 Winnebago D22T