cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install a Velvac 709645 Flat Glass Mirror

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage. The passenger rear mirror and support plate fell out when we hit a bump on the highway (construction). We chose not to try to retrieve it. I have ordered the replacement part, a Velvac 709645 Flat Glass with support plate. So far I have not been able to find any instructions how to install it. Not sure if I am supposed to attach the heater wires and then the whole thing snaps in place.

Or if I'm supposed to remove the clips and remove mirror from the support, snap in the the support, attach the heater wires and then reattach the mirror and clips.

Or something completely different, can't be too complicated, just don't wont to break the new part.

I checked all of the Velvac downloads, none seem to address my situation, the titles are misleading.

Has any one dealt with this before? If not I may have to call Winn or Velvac. Always fixing something....
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
7 REPLIES 7

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
You were right, worked perfectly! Many thanks!

Not sure why removing the mirror from the support plate and screws were ever suggested.

Appreciate it, thank you....
TC&Z

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Based on my poor memory of doing this repair, I'll try to help.

Look at the pictures in this ebay listing:
ebay listing velvac 709645

If you look at the second picture in that listing, you'll see the back side of the backing plate. The circle part of that backing plate will snap into a circular mount for the motorized function of mirror adjustment. (It snaps into what wa8yxm above called the "trolley".) The four screws are in the part that the backing plate snaps into.

From your description, I do not think you are replacing anything but the mirror and the backing plate and will not need to remove those screws.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
I posted this.

No instructions came with the part. I contacted the RV part supply and they said:

"It's the same as these instructions except your mirror head has 4 screws underneath holding down the backing plate of your old glass."

Velvac Glass Replacement Instructions

See link. I am still confused, what screws?
TC&Z

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Valvac sends full instructions with their replacement glass and the heater comes with the glass.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It Depends a lot on how much of the mirror hit the ground.

If it is a remote power adjust.. Did the adjustment "Trolly" stick around? IF so you can attach the wires and snap it in place

If not then you first install the trolly.. THen attach the wires and snap it in place

You can also remove the glass from the frame (how is fairly easy though they do put a dollup of glue on one corner) put the entire frame together, then attach the wires as you put the glass back.

Doing this myself this week.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

atodalen
Explorer
Explorer
Might be some info here for you.
Velvac technical resources

on edit:
sorry, looks like you've already seen those files
Al and Deedee
Spokane, WA
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
F53 chassis w/ JMcKinley CHF and Brazel's UltraTrac rear trac bar
2006 Honda CR-V, Blue Ox Aventa LX, RoadMaster Even Brake

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I'd wait, if its the supposed correct exact replacement and see if there is documentation or an instruction sheet with the mirror before putting too much effort into researching it.
That mirror on Amazon comes with the heat element and inner housing so it should have the instructions.