cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Keep Bathroom Floor Clean

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
Our new PW Plateau has a great bathroom, and I'm so glad not to have to use campground showers anymore, but I find it's hard to keep the floor clean when we're using it all day and then I have to clean it before every shower. I remember seeing a post on this forum a couple of years ago about ideas others had, but I can't find that post. Anyone remember what that subject was?
2004 Pleasure-Way Plateau TD
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement
12 REPLIES 12

CT51
Explorer
Explorer
I cut a rubber backed bath mat to the dimensions of the shower pan (20 x 14.5) in my Lexor TS. The mat is always on the shower floor, keeping the pan clean. If I take a shower, the mat is placed just outside the bath door, where it is the first thing stepped on getting out of the shower. Am never stepping on shower floor except when taking a shower, and I wipe the floor along with anything else
remaining wet. Floor stays shiny clean. Looked at hard products (like teak grate), but thought they would scratch floor, and wouldn't serve as bath mat to step on getting out of shower.

CT51

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses. I have foot problems and have to keep my shoes on all the time. Just ordered the teak tub mat from BB&B. Happy Camping!
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I've never had a problem in the 16 years I've had my B and I take 30 showers a year in it. I have a good mat when I enter the van and make sure to wipe my soles clean. If I know my shoes are going to be bad (like when I'm hunting) I post my shoe cleaner brush stand right outside. (Hope you know what I mean.) And then I remove them as soon as I enter the van & put on other shoes or slippers.

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
Bed bath and beyond sell good teak mats for the shower.
You can see them with google. I have one and it solves the problem. Once a week I remove it and deep clean the pan.
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't have a wet bath, but we leave the shoes at the door, anyway. Marine supplies are a good source for the "checkerboard" style teak inserts to go in the bottom of the shower. Teak is a very oily wood and holds up well to water.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
There is always the..."Leave the shoes at the door plan," also.

That's what I do.

But, yeah you can get those shower slats, or a little bathroom rug (nonskid).

Slats will let dirt fall through, and scratch up your floor. A rug or shoes off is better, IMO.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
That's what I was thinking. 😉

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
Walking in and out all day we get bits of gravel, sand, etc on the floor; don't want to stand in that when taking a shower I saw a post on this forum, I think, about some kind of wooden slats they put on the shower floor.
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the OP is asking about wet bath.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about the shower pan, the part you step on when you are standing in the shower, whoever uses the shower should shower any remaining crud down. Problem solved!

If you're talking about the floor around the shower (outside the shower), a good rug may help catch the dirt and absorb water from dripping wet bodies.

If the wet floor is the problem, you need to train everyone in your party (including yourself), to dry in the shower, THEN get the bottom of your feet when you step out. This will eliminate wet floors from dripping bodies. That and a rug, or even a large bath towel on the floor.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
What is getting it so "dirty" that you have to clean it every time you take a shower?

But, to answer your question..when we do clean it we use something like a Swifter Wet Jet or just a regular sponge mop.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro