cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to protect your animals left in RV...

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I travel with three small dogs. We often have to leave them in the MH when we are away going to dinner or making other runs where taking the dogs is not possible. Been concerned about what would happen to them (the dogs) should my wife and I be involved in an automobile accident or some other event in which we might be unable to inform anyone about the dogs back in the MH. Do any of you animal owners have concerns like this about your 'kids' and, if so, do you have a means devised to protect them in the event of your inability to make it back to the RV? Would appreciate your thoughts about this. Thanks! / Larry
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
16 REPLIES 16

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
We carry a small piece of paper with our wallet ID that shows where we are currently staying including site # with the dog info as well and keep our regular family contact info close by. Has just become part of our to dos upon arrival to change the info out.

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
I worry about a fire in my RV when my dogs and kenneled and I am away. I have started turning off all gas appliances when I am gone. If I am boondocking -I'll even turn the fridge off (gas kicks in when not plugged in" and leave it for a few hours until I get back. Sometimes we take the dogs in the car (kenneled) and look for restaurants with big windows and parking up close so we can watch them. Don't have an easy answer to your question though. Good post.