cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hwh 200 leveling pump stuck on

Mittzlepick
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced solenoid with similar looking unit from napa. Still pump stuck on. Do i need a specific soleniod for the pump. Blue wire is hot black wire to joystick isn't i think thats what my issue is but service manual isnt clear
7 REPLIES 7

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
Instead of HWH solenoids I bought dump trailer solenoids rated for 100A, and they work just fine.
The solenoid that controls the slide mechanism stuck on, which in turn burned up the motor.
Bought new motor from Northern Hydraulics, 3 day delivery.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you โ€” ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

Mittzlepick
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for confirming i figured this was the issue used a snowplow relay i think thats what we got. Will isolate it and get it level and acquire the right solenoid. Next battle is the air ride in rear its not lifting i presume theres a shuttle valve. Now its safely up we can block it for safety and look under it for issues

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Solenoid and relay-- same thing.
NO, the solenoid(relay) does NOT ground thru its mount
You have 4 connections on the relay. Large Battery positive posts and 2 small posts. 1 large post goes to the battery pos. 2nd goes to the actual pump motor
BLUE wire is POS when inside panel is turned ON connected to small post
White is the negative to activate the solenoid(relay). Copnnedted to the other small post. This comes from the Joystick.
Now, this is why I state to NOT use an Auto part "similar" solenoid. You mentioned, does not the solenoid ground thru its mount? NO. But, most Auto part store solenoids(while not high amp rated for continuous long operation), DO ground thru the mount. AND have 2 large posts and just a single small post activated by a POS 12 volt signal. In this case, IF the solenoid grounded thru its mount, then anytime the BLUE wire had 12 volt power the Solenoid would close and the pump would run. THIS HWH Solenoid(relay) is designed to NOT ground and the completed circuit happens when the White wire small post had a ground(neg). So, does your new solenoid have the 2 small post connections? Did the OLD solenoid have the 2 small post connections? Doug

8600 is white ground
6820 is the blue wire pos
These numbers designate the wires in the HWH schematic

https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml16035.pdf

Mittzlepick
Explorer
Explorer
Does the original solenoid not ground through its base? Thus moving the joystick makes the ground and activates the pump? Since the joystick wire comes from body ground into the stick box then to the solenoid. I inspeted the stick box and cleaned it out.
P.s. the soleniod is the relay correct?
This seems to be a super simple system.
97 winnebago vectra

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. "Similar" looking relays are not the way to go. You need a high amp rated solenoid for continuous operation. MOST Auto store relays are NOT rated for higher amp (longer than 15 to 30 seconds) of operation. but this is NOT your problem
2. The Solenoid has constant 12 volt power(blue wire)
3. The Joystick and 4 lever system use a completed ground to activate the solenoid for the pump. This is done at the Joystick pivot ball.
4. If the pump stays ON, then either you have corrosion at the Joystick below the carpet top plate or that wire from the Joystick to the relay is shorted someplace. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml23934.pdf

Ref 6e thru 8. Sound like the relay.

Mittzlepick
Explorer
Explorer
Blue is always hot when power box is on. Maybe the cintrol box is bad? Blue wire seems to run directly to the solenoid.