cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

installing recliners

thordriver
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed recliners in their rv. I am looking for someone that has and put connectors to allow the recliners to be removed without a lot of work. If so what kind of hole down system did yo use?
2 REPLIES 2

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
ronfisherman wrote:
I put recliners in. Never bolted them down. They stayed in place for 9 years. BIL did the same. Never bolted them down. Never moved.

I would never take a chance like that in our Class C. We stow all loose items carefully so they can't fly either forward or too much sideways in case of an unexpected minor or major sudden stop - including the sudden stop resulting from an accident - either a head-on one or one from the side. Of course all of our coach furniture is fastened down and I have even retorqued some of Winnebago's factory installed hold-down bolts.

In 2015 thousands of miles from home our traveling companions totaled their Class C while we were touring together. They were behind us and called ahead to us on the walkie-talkie to tell us something terrible had just happened to them. I'll never forget the total mess inside their 24 foot Class C. Of course they were lucky to be alive. We helped them retrieve what they could from the completely wrecked interior and exterior. They rented a van and returned to CA from where we were back East. We volunteered to cancel the trip completely and return home with them but they encouraged us to continue on without them. We sadly continued on by ourselves with our 9000 mile trip around the U.S. ... that was supposed to include them in their Class C and us in ours.

I learned a lesson then about the importance of securing everything in the interior. The G-forces from impacts can't be under-estimated.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ronfisherman
I put recliners in. Never bolted them down. They stayed in place for 9 years. BIL did the same. Never bolted them down. Never moved.
If you plan on using them for seating while traveling. They need to be secured to floor.
Bradd & Hall sell a clamp for chairs.
http://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=58
I have seen the same clamps at other RV parts stores.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD