cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Aqua Hot retrofitable?

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
I see that a lot of Class A owners like this system. Is it possible to put it in an existing coach? Just curious!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone
11 REPLIES 11

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
They make a LP one and if you use the smaller heat exchangers at around $200 then you can stay under the $8000 if you do the work your self. I help a neighbor and we ran Pex and everything was working with in the week. Not too hard, but not a walk in the park. I think it would have been about the same to use the $500 heat exchangers and not have to run as many runs. They spent the winter in Montana and stated that it work.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
After having one, I'll never have another coach without an Aqua-Hot. HOWEVER, I cannot imagine the cost and effort involved in doing a retrofit on a non-AquaHot coach.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
AprilWhine wrote:
Probably cheaper to trade your RV for one equipped with an Aqua Hot.

Yeah, I didn't realize how pricey this unit is. My furnace is just fine, I think. It would be an expensive hot water heater:D
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2013 Honda CRV

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
maybe Roger Berke www.hydronicheaterrepair.com will know and provide info. I call him the Aqua Hot "guru"
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
running the lines for the heat exchangers would be a HUGE job
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Probably cheaper to trade your RV for one equipped with an Aqua Hot.
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Yes, you did, but so did I for $37k.

dverstra wrote:
Well, I bought a RV didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
A used unit will cost anywhere from $3-5K.New units are in the $10K range. Then you need the registers (my 40ft has 4) at a cost of $500 each. If you don't burn diesel than you need a tank for that. Add some bux for hose and you are all set.

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

How deep are your pockets?

Well, I bought a RV didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜‰

2013 Honda CRV

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

How deep are your pockets?

Here is one route. Replace the existing water heater with a "motor assist" unit, that has a 120 1500 watt element.

Add a circulating pump.

Run "zones" to the areas that are to be heated with thermostatically controlled valves.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Sure I don't see why not.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold