Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 'Beaver' back in Oregon??

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Got this news from a friend in Oregon:

"Just thought you'd be interested to be among the first to know Beaver Coaches will be built again within about 2 years. It was just announced today to the Beaver club members that our friend, Ty Kelly, owner of Beaver Coach Sales in Bend, has purchased the pertinent rights from REV Group (the former Allied Vehicle Corp.), the outfit that bought Monaco from Navistar. So now the name is back home where it began, right next door in fact, and owned not by a conglomerate.

Life is good."

Not sure if this is good news or just news to Beaver owners. Time will tell. My friend owns one and this makes him happy since he lives in Oregon.

For lurkers interested in the history of the Beaver line of motorcoaches from Oregon:Beaver Coach History
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.
3 REPLIES 3

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Good news for both the Oregon economy and the RV community at large. This, combined with Winnebago's purchase of CC, moving Winnebago's DP production to Junction City and their promise to build Country Coaches again, all good news for jobs in Oregon.

I guess Baby Boomers with a few bucks to spend and low fuel prices are not a bad thing.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
For those that might be interested here is a video of the official announcement give by Ryan Kelly.

Beaver Reborn
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I am so happy that the Beaver coach will be built again. We have a 2001 Beaver Contessa DP that we purchased 4 years ago. It is in super shape and only has 43000 miles on the odometer. A new one will be way out of my budget I'm afraid, but happy for Ty.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992