cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with air-only leveling system

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Hello folks. I'm having an issue with my air-only leveling system (no jacks). The left front side will not raise on my 2003 Country Coach Allure #30856. When pressing the raise button for the left side,  I have DC power to the left front raise solenoid but hear no "clicking" when 12 volts is applied.  I took the solenoid off and applied 12 volts and the magnet seemed weak to me,  but it also seemed weak on the dump solenoid above it that is working. I can get air in the LF air bag by pressing the "RAISE"  (whole coach) button with engine running (travel mode) . My questions is; has anyone seen the magnets on these solenoids fail? I might disassemble the valve to try and clean/loosen it up. TIA.

Larry
Larry, Debbie & Max the Pug
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i 6 speed manual transmission
5 REPLIES 5

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler: thanks, I did check and do have 12 volts to the solenoid when the button was pressed.

Bikeboy57: thanks for the link. I was using the 500 series book. Not sure what system I have, 500 or 600 series.

Johnsonbert: thanks for the thread link. Good relevant discussion and source for parts.

I am "nursing" it until we get back home next week. The travel mode uses different solenoids and valves which allows me to raise the whole coach with engine running, then I can just release air and level on the way back down.
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a thread on rebuilding the HWH blocks and solenoids including some sources and part numbers. The author is very knowledgeable on many topics including HWH leveling. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert

Clicky
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

Bikeboy57
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, check the voltage to the solenoid.

Go to the HWH website, and search for troubleshooting guide for the model of leveling system you have. HWH Diagnostic for air only leveling
Richard and Rhonda
1999 Newell
Subaru Outback toad

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Food for thought: You could have bad wiring/connections, etc. resulting in low voltage to the solenoid. Try measuring the voltage when you push the button.

With the alternator creating higher voltage it works.

Just a guess. And it could also be on the negative solenoid wire.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

lfeather
Explorer
Explorer
Bump
USAF Retired
2014 Itasca Reyo P