1Trojanfan
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to buy a super C Jayco Seneca. Any pros cons. First RV
3 REPLIES 3

G7ARYM
Explorer
Explorer
It does not look like you got much of a response to your question. So here is one to consider from someone who has a Seneca as their first RV and would not make a different choice today. Here is what I answered when asked why this over a Class A.

This is from an 9 year owner of a Kodiak based super C. Why did I choose this over a Class A?
Let me count the ways. Yes, the Super C and lower end Aโ€™s have similar house appointments all from the same makers and many living area floor plans are similar. For us the Super C had an oven, a big deal with the person I travel with. The seats up front are used as storage when stopped but the area above is not lost as it is a large entertainment center with two large storage cabinets and a full width pull out drawer for more storage or a 7โ€™ long bed with the pad provided. Then for some of us there is a large advantage to a Super C based on a commercial truck chassis due to its design and intended use. The truck is used as a box truck, small passenger tour bus, flat bed tow truck and a few dozen other applications. It is used, abused, beat up, flogged, ridden hard and put away wet by employees who have no respect for the vehicle. Now, if I use the rig as if I was the owner and cared about its care and feeding the truck will outlive me. Then some of us like the driving position of a truck cockpit which is not much different from my full size van in steering wheel and peddle position over the Lazy Boy chair in the corner of a family room with picture window feel ahead of the front wheels. Unlike in a regular Class C legroom is there for people up to 6โ€™10โ€ with another foot of room between the back of the seat and the slide. Finally, all of the pieces which go around or move are up front under a clam shell hood where all fluids and filters are easy to see and change without removing a panel under the bed or the closet. Oh yes, did I mention cooling of the engine, transmission and turbo inlet temperature? All cooling radiators are up in the cool air in front of the large heat generating pieces of metal rather than the last thing in the rig way behind the hot metal out of the fresh cooling air. The dash air on its lowest temperature setting with the fan on low was too cool for my wife as we climbed out of the Colorado River eastbound on I-40 when the outside air showed 104. And the water temp gage actually moved two needle widths to the right on the long climb out. Get in, turn it on and drive. Itโ€™s as complicated as an anvil with few systems to monitor and maintain. Itโ€™s a truck, nothing fancy. Also let me add one other difference to consider. Try driving west for a few hours on a hot summer day with the sun in your eyes and a huge expanse of glass allowing the interior to heat up. On my Super C the sun rarely gets to the side windows and almost never shines through the windshield until the end of the day when we are at our destination. The large front overhang is not visible to me above the windshield and does not interfere with seeing out to drive. And since we do not sightsee from inside the rig the lack of Class A glass is not an issue. Just another thought, do you know how little it costs and how easy it is to replace a truck windshield? Factor that difference into your future expense with a Class A.
Again, your mileage may differ and be happy whichever way you go.

98Evo
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 09 in Canada for sale
2009 Seneca
07 Harley Ultra

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend who has a 2008 Jayco Seneca 35GS for sale. Please reply via private post for more details.