cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just wondering...about banks system

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
Are the banks power packs all that they are cracked up to be? How much more HP can you realistically expect? Gas milage?
13 REPLIES 13

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the help.

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
2001 V-10 in F450 class c chassis. Full Banks including trans-command. Very little improvement in power, minor improvement in shift points, reduction in mpg.

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
The answer is it depends on what engine (and even what year) you are considering adding a Banks system to.

So, without that, there is no way to give an answer.

sure there is and heres my take on it.I have sold and installed banks
systems and everyone was super happy with the power increase
these were 454 GMC nd 460 ford engine however I never experienced any with a fuel mileage increase. I see no reason the ford V10 would not
do the same

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
The answer is it depends on what engine (and even what year) you are considering adding a Banks system to.

So, without that, there is no way to give an answer.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
usersmanual wrote:
Chowan wrote:
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
It is sort if an odd lead-in. Anyway, the OP also should list his coach/make/model/year/engine/trans etc. so that, folks that DO have a Banks kit on a similar coach with the same engine can make educated comments/answers, based on actual experience. And, another reason to list all that info is, on different year Ford V-10s, it will make a big difference but, on other year models, almost nothing at all.
Scott

Man its a general question. A general question. Did nt know it was going to be such a **** fest.

I agree and he probable has never owned a v10 banks system

Well,
I was going to list the V-10 Triton versions that the Banks kit makes a lot, intermediate and no differences on, based on what we've owned and used but, apparently, you've both made up your.....minds anyway so, I won't bother.
Scottt

On Contrare by all means enlighten us to the V10 systems you owned with a banks system installed as iam extremely interested

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
Chowan wrote:
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
It is sort if an odd lead-in. Anyway, the OP also should list his coach/make/model/year/engine/trans etc. so that, folks that DO have a Banks kit on a similar coach with the same engine can make educated comments/answers, based on actual experience. And, another reason to list all that info is, on different year Ford V-10s, it will make a big difference but, on other year models, almost nothing at all.
Scott

Man its a general question. A general question. Did nt know it was going to be such a **** fest.

Well,
I was going to list the V-10 Triton versions that the Banks kit makes a lot, intermediate and no differences on, based on what we've owned and used but, apparently, you've both made up your.....minds anyway so, I won't bother.
Scottt
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Chowan wrote:
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
Scott

Chowan
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
Scott

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
FIRE UP wrote:
Well,
Scott

what year V10 did u experience no change and what year was it you experienced a big difference on the ford V10

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed_Gee wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Banks post

You may want to change that Subject line.

I agree. " Just Wondering " provides no clue as to the subject and I tend to not even bother opening such poorly described threads.

Yet here you are....;)
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Banks post

I agree. " Just Wondering " provides no clue as to the subject and I tend to not even bother opening such poorly described threads.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Banks post

"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman