cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late model Winnebago doghouse removal

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone one here have a 2012 or later Winnebago Class A? Wanting to know how to release the doghouse. Looking underneath (too cold and wet to climb under) I see some sort of locking device on the rear edge of the doghouse. Wondering if it is released from underneath or if there is a screw hidden under the carpet inside. Don't want to go ripping up carpet if unnecessary.
7 REPLIES 7

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at Ford's site for F53 chassis, It looks like the doghouse is a strictly RV manufacturer supplied part.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I have now found the release is a 3/8" Allen socket bolt. It's on the rear edge of the doghouse about 1/2" above the floor and a couple inches off center towards the passenger side. Hidden in the carpet. A quarter turn releases a cam lock and allows you to pull the doghouse up and back.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are latched or screwed down from the interior.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck finding the solution. And there may in fact be a difference. I would find it curious that Ford would have different DH closures based on who they deliver the incomplete chassis to. But I’ve seen weirder things in my life.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
my ‘00 and ‘16 winnies on ford chassis were as wildtoad described.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebagos are different from Newmars. There is some sort of cam lock latch mechanism on the back side of the cover.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming its on a Ford chassis there should be 2 screws/bolts on the doghouse perhaps covered by carpet. One on each side on the end away from the dash.You shouldn’t have to rip up carpet, on mine they are ON the doghouse not the floor. Good luck.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT