cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leans to the right

jvowell1
Explorer
Explorer
I recently got a 1996 Damon Intruder with a large slide on the left side. With the slide out the rv is pretty level, but with the slide in it definatly leans to the right. My wife followed behind and said it was leaning. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Doug156
Explorer
Explorer
Which side id the wife's clothes closet??
Doug & Mary Jane
2014 Bay Star by Newmar
2009 Subaru Toad
Ziggy & Maxi, the hounds
Retired and loving it

SeaDog_BRR
Explorer
Explorer
I solved the problem of my winnie leaning to the right by removing the rear spring having it re-arched and adding a leaf. My coach sits dead level now.
Greg aka SeaDog Ret Navy
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS TT
96 Winnebago Adventurer 34RQ W/SO (selling)
06 F350 6.0, Harley Ultra Classic ๐Ÿ™‚ 64 corvette ๐Ÿ™‚

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
It was not uncommon for early RV's with slides to be out of whack side to side weight wise. You might try a 4 corner weigh and then reload the weight.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Bugman114
Explorer
Explorer
I'd start with the obvious, check the springs, if it has leaves, check to make sure none are broken, all hardware is tight and secure, make sure nothing is bent. But your best bet would be to just take it somewhere and have them check it out. Unless you have the tools to do such repairs yourself, a shop would be the best option IMO.
1985 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood 28'

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Have a shim installed under the right spring-- experiment with a jack to see if raising the front or the rear 1/2" or 1" works well. Alternative is to look on the left side to see if there are shims under the springs that you may remove-- depends on whether you want more or less ground clearance.

Look for an old fashion truck spring shop.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/