cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at a 2000 Mountain Aire

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. Used to have an A a long time ago. Now havea C.With the DW health issues, the C won't work out. She is now using one of those battery operated 3 wheel scooters.So I am wanting to get something else, with more room. I have found a 2000 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37.5'withthe Ford V10,with only 28,000 miles on it. The low miles are a bit of a concern to me.The C has the V10 and I like it. but with thelow miles wondering about the seals. One of my questions is, I have been told that the MA has a rubber roof,and have been tole it has a fiberblasss roof. Which does it have? The lady said the awning will not retract all the way back. In the picture you can see that.It looks like its electric driven, any idea of the problem that won't let it retract all the way,Bad motor? Any idea the cost of an awning motor.She also said that there is some trouble with the graphics, sun damage. She really didn't say what the damage is. Other than that it looks great. Hope to see it this weekend. It has the living room and dining room slide out. Which will be really good for the EW to move around on her scooter. Any other things that you all think I should llok for let me know. If I see it this weekend I will post an update here. Thanks for any info.I guess you MA owners that know of any quirks of on a MA let me know
Thanks
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax
6 REPLIES 6

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Well it was fun while it lasted. Called to make arrangements to see it this weekend and the lady told me they had sold the rig this morning.
Oh well, the hunt goes on. thanks for all the replies. I will make notes so I can remember all the info gimen..
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of MH owners over on the Newmar Owners Forum
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
My '03 has a Brite-Tek roof. It is not rubber in any way. I have tried to cut it when I was doing a vent on the roof. The original had a 13 year warranty. Mine is stored inside so it still looks like new and by '03 full body paint was standard. This is the best of all the RVs we have had since 1969. I had to add a railing to get into t he MH and it was not difficult to find a solid anchor for a railing. I carry my electric scooter in the hatch of my Vue.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Empty_Nest__Soo
Explorer
Explorer
According to the brochure, model year 2000 Mountain Aire (both gas and Diesel) has a rubber roof.

You can download the pdf of the brochure at the Newmar Brochure Archive web site. http://www.newmarcorp.com/resources/brochures/brochure-archive

Wayne
Wayne & Michelle

1997 Safari Sahara 3540

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
A GAS MA from your year will not have a fiberglass roof. The Diesel MA from that year did as an option. It will have the BriteTek roof material. The Awning will be the first generation Dometic Weatherpro. They had a lot of problems those first few years and Dometic redesigned and upgraded the Weatherpro awning. I believe the ONLY corect fix for that old a Weatherpro will be a new set of arms and the new style motor. You need the Model number of the awning and need to call Dometic to verify what you need and what parts are available. Arms and motor could easily run up to $1000 for the parts. Hopefully the awning was upgraded under the original 3 year warranty. Doug

RE-TE
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, does the seller have all of the maintenance records? What is the mfg date on the tires? If all of the appliances work to your satisfaction and no water leaks might be a good by. I have a 2001 and it has the fiberglass roof. Just had it recaulked all seams etc.,
Any signs of water leaks on the ceiling? Fill the fresh water tank and be sure no leaks. Both A/C work and cool?
Has the coach been stored inside? Look for bulges in the sides.
Good Luck and happy trails.