cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MH newbie questions

V10guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a few newbie questions...(the ones I get when I can't go to sleep at night and think of "what ifs")

We're picking up our coach on Friday(see sig)

-Is it acceptable to utilize the hydraulic levelers to raise the coach to change/pull the tires for clearance? I can understand that this may be a debatable question...

-How do I verify that the TSB/Recall work was already performed on my 8.1l workhorse chassis for the front brakes? It's at the shop today to do LOF/lube work and that dealer is a workhorse dealer, I plan on calling them to see if they can check, but I was wondering if there was another way.

-What would be the best, but readily available wash/wax for the outside? unfortunately, I will be storing it outside(with a cover on it) and want to do a good cleaning/waxing when I get it. I have a good buffer to use for the waxing/polishing.

All for now. Thanks!
Wife and I, 3 Kids(10, 9 & 6) 2003 Forest River Windsong 32' 8.1L Workhorse w/Allison. TOAD coming soon...
5 REPLIES 5

vtbig
Explorer
Explorer
Register your coach at myworkhorse.com. All recalls open and performed will be listed there.
Richard

2003 Safari Trek 3011
8.1 Workhorse/Allison

only17
Explorer
Explorer
-We are in the process of using "ZEP wet look floor finishing" Follow the direction closely. It sound like a ton of work, the prep is what is so important. We now have 5 coats on one side of our 02 36' Journey and WOW! Even the decals that were dull and faded are now looking like new. I can't say enough about this product. Our coach looks like it just had a new paint job. Katie

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I would never lift the coach off of the ground, using the levelers.

That's what I have Coach Net roadside assistance for.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
-Is it acceptable to utilize the hydraulic levelers to raise the coach to change/pull the tires for clearance?

Yes but you should treat the jacks no different than any other jack that could fail without warning. Get jack stands if you plan on doing your own tire work. Northern Tools sells 12 ton jack stands for around $80.

-How do I verify that the TSB/Recall work was already performed on my 8.1l workhorse chassis for the front brakes?

The dealer should be able to check recall info using the Workhorse network and the coach's VIN. You can also call them with the VIN to check.

-What would be the best, but readily available wash/wax for the outside?

Lots of opinions on this one. I hand wash once a year with dish soap, heavy stains get a scrub with Barkeepers Friend and then I use with Red Max Pro (RPM) for a shine. Coach is good for the year uncovered in my drive way.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
V10guy wrote:
I have a few newbie questions...(the ones I get when I can't go to sleep at night and think of "what ifs")

We're picking up our coach on Friday(see sig)

-Is it acceptable to utilize the hydraulic levelers to raise the coach to change/pull the tires for clearance? I can understand that this may be a debatable question...

-Why would you want to? Tires are heavy, you'll need a macho torque wrench, (or cheater bar)..IMHO, leave that to the pros. To ans your question, in an emergency, yes. as a matter of practice, no. and under no circumstance should the REAR tires be lifted off the ground.

-How do I verify that the TSB/Recall work was already performed on my 8.1l workhorse chassis for the front brakes? It's at the shop today to do LOF/lube work and that dealer is a workhorse dealer, I plan on calling them to see if they can check, but I was wondering if there was another way.

-Check with the NHTSA's website, NHTSA, or call them @ 1-888-327-4236. Have the complete VIN when you contact them.

-What would be the best, but readily available wash/wax for the outside? unfortunately, I will be storing it outside(with a cover on it) and want to do a good cleaning/waxing when I get it. I have a good buffer to use for the waxing/polishing.

-I use Mequire's Gold for waxing and Barrier Reef from Surf City Garage for everyday cleaning. If you insist on covering your coach while in storage, (which I don't recommend) make sure the cover is secure. Wind, blowing the cover, will cause damage to your clear coat over time....Dennis

All for now. Thanks!
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG