cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Michelin XPS Rib tires for Class B, does it work well?

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Considering Michelin XPS Rib tires for my SRW Ford class B van. I know they're most likely the best tires available for LT applications but was wondering how they actually work out in terms of handling and ride. I was told they would ride stiffer than other tires because of it's construction but was wondering, all in all, what kind of ride it produced and whether it handled the wet roads and curves well. Not going to be using them in the snow. I got a real smoking price quote and am ready to commit depending on the feedback I get. Thanks for your responses.
5 REPLIES 5

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Got my Michelin XPS tires today and will get them installed in a few days. They cost me $240.98 a piece for the 245/75/16 size.

jjson775
Explorer
Explorer
When I upgraded from OEM tires on our Pleasure Way Ford Class B RV it made a huge improvement in handling. I won't consider anything else now.

retraite
Explorer
Explorer
We do use XPS Ribs on our '08 PW Lexor. We're quite happy with them.

However, just looking at the tread design (specifically, the absence of sipes), I doubt they'd be much good in snow. But, we have NEVER taken our "B" out in the snow. The salt would play havoc with all the underside stuff.

When we changed from the OE tires, I was amazed by the difference.

Yes, XPS can be a tad pricey (or spendy as Handbasket likes to say), but when ours age out, I'll do it again.

Cheers.

parkmanaa
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin makes a super, consistent quality product, IMHO.
Have used them since early '60s and NEVER had a failure.
Of course, I do maintain my tires probably better than most.
Also IMHO of the extensive list of tires Michelin makes,
the all=steel XPS is the cream of the crop. You NEVER
hear anything derogatory about the XPS.

I don't think you will have a problem with the ride.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Just get them and be happy. A huge reputation for being a great choice. Had so many Michelins and never regretted any of them.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel