cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My12voltstore

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful of these people. Sold me a Voyager monitor that they told me would be compatible it was not now they want a 20 percent restocking fee after giving me false information.
18 REPLIES 18

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
To their credit they give me return information today. I will lose 20 percent plus the postage. Lesson learned.

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
tinkerer wrote:
Tim helped me out getting the right monitor. Now if I can get the 12volt store to take a return on the monitor they sold me. By the reviews it doesn't look good. Other wise I have new Voyager AOM713 monitor I would be willing to sell at a discount

Hopefully you paid by credit card. If so I would suggest contacting them and see if they will initiate a charge back. They will explain how to return the item.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Tim helped me out getting the right monitor. Now if I can get the 12volt store to take a return on the monitor they sold me. By the reviews it doesn't look good. Other wise I have new Voyager AOM713 monitor I would be willing to sell at a discount

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got around to installing my Voyager camera and monitor using the instructions from rvcams.com to wire that harness into my existing wiring harness by Intec which was installed in 1988. I had a couple of questions and e-mail Tim and got nearly instantiates responses. When I powered it all up it had a terrible picture but was quickly solved and resolved by Tim. Only took a couple of hours to do the whole thing.
I am starting a new topic so take a look if you are interested in the details.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got the equipment today just as Tim said I would. I look forward to finding a bit of time to get the work started.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I just ordered from RV Cams. Ordered yesterday, shipped today, due here tomorrow. E-mail Tim and see if he can help. He was very helpful to me with a number of questions about adapting a Voyager system to my old system. Other to pay for his time if necessary. He is very knowledgeable.

Got a hold of Tim today, seems very accommodating and promised to help me even if I didn't buy the monitor from him. It's nice to know there are still people like that doing business. Thumbs up to this company to at least try to help. I will pushing business his way from now on.:)

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
femailyetti wrote:
Post a picture of the plugs you are trying to adapt from and to, I may be able to help with the adapter, my suppliers have a lot of odd stuff for that. send me a pm, and I can tag with you, if I have the pictures of what needs to go where.

The picture on the right is the old one. Could there possibly be another connection box under the dash?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I get that )@(#$@()!*$! CONNECTION RESET error a lot as well. Major pain when I've typed a long reply.. I would love to know to reset the resetter as it were.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
Post a picture of the plugs you are trying to adapt from and to, I may be able to help with the adapter, my suppliers have a lot of odd stuff for that. send me a pm, and I can tag with you, if I have the pictures of what needs to go where.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just ordered from RV Cams. Ordered yesterday, shipped today, due here tomorrow. E-mail Tim and see if he can help. He was very helpful to me with a number of questions about adapting a Voyager system to my old system. Other to pay for his time if necessary. He is very knowledgeable.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I would have paid attention to the people on this site and dealt with RVCAMS who have had great reviews on this site. Maybe I should call them anyhow and they might have some equipment to adapt the new monitor to the old plug ins. I just hate asking people for advice when I didn't buy product from them.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Tom_M wrote:
Make sure what your posting does not contain a percent symbol.

Thanks for the information, that seems to have been the problem.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it goes round and round and then says "Connection Reset" then somewhere in the post is a percent sign as mentioned above. Not sure what's so special about that symbol but it's evil!

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer