cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help replacing tires: 295/80R 22.5

kinggeorge1st
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace oem tires on my 2005 Monaco Windsor 40ft mh.
Original Michelin tires have been quoted at $5443 for six. Have been given price for "Toyo" tires size 11R 22.5 for $3298 cost, which are a semi-truck tire. Was told these tires would be "slightly" narrower, and just 1/10 inch shorter. Would use of these tires be detrimental for use on RV?
19 REPLIES 19

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm running Hankook tires and couldn't be happier. 3 years and 15,000 miles so far and have never needed air except to compensate for ambient temperature fluctuations.

Might be worth a look.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

pashir
Explorer
Explorer
I had failures on both front Toyos ( not at the same time ). The blowout on the left took me across the road and wound up with $23,000 damage. Lucky no oncoming traffic. New Lexus ES350 came with Toyos. Lousy tires, couldn't wait to wear them out. 20K later new Michelins made all the difference. You get what you pay for. Obviously no more Toyos for me.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
kinggeorge1st wrote:
I need to replace oem tires on my 2005 Monaco Windsor 40ft mh.
Original Michelin tires have been quoted at $5443 for six. Have been given price for "Toyo" tires size 11R 22.5 for $3298 cost, which are a semi-truck tire. Was told these tires would be "slightly" narrower, and just 1/10 inch shorter. Would use of these tires be detrimental for use on RV?
No they would not be detrimental to your RV. I see a lot of RV's running big truck tires.

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
I saved over a thousand dollars on Michelins through my Family Motor Coach membership discount.

Moved from Forum Technical Support