cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New AC's Cooling Much better than the old ones

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
My original AC units 2, 13500 and 15000 btu's were 10 years old.
I replaced them with 2 15000 btu Penguin II High Capacity Air Conditioner's and I added a 3rd unit of the same type.

I stay out in the Palm Springs area in the summer where it gets HOT HOT ! With my old units once it got to 100 outside you felt it inside. 105 and over it was time to bug out.

Now with 2 of the new units going it is cold at 100 degrees, and at 105 (so far 1 day) with all 3 units going full blast it was 71 inside the RV.

These new units are soooo much better than my old ones.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
3 REPLIES 3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
When one of my 13,500 units went out due to a manufacturing defect I upgraded to 15000 as well.. Amazing thing is I did NOT increase power usage.. They are both 13.5 amps. running,, measured and verified no less.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
The new R-410 units will run in higher temps much better. They are also typically more energy efficient!

Did you get a heat pump model? That would be nice if you full time, and are in campgrounds in the winter.

Also if the older units where not washed on a regular basis, they can lose about 5% - 10% of their ability to exchange the heat due to soil on the coils. Wash the outside coil with a garden hose once a year, and it will return to peak performance!

And it is possible that your older units where slightly low on freon. This can drop their rated capacity by 10% or more.

Good luck with the new units!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

time_to_go_now
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing. I have often wondered if there was much gain to replacing my aging 13.5 BTU with a newer unit. Now I know.
Jim and Deanna

2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA FRED
2007 Carson Trailer 22' Titan TH
Trailer Toad
Me, Wife, Boy/22, Boy/19, Girl/17
1985 Toyota 4Runner
TWO quads, THREE kids, TWO motorcycles, ONE wife, TWO dogs, ONE cat, TWO Polaris RZR's