cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new class c with the chevy/ who makes

tom311
Explorer
Explorer
as I remember from sitting in the ford the legs seem to be cramped so looking for 26? foot range on chevy.i like the redhawk but haven't seen it on chevy.
14 REPLIES 14

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix offers many more options for moving things around. Since LTV was taken over by Triple E, and moved up-market... not to mention become so popular... they don't allow much wiggle room. They have rather abandoned the off-road/boondocker market of the traditional Class B where they started.

But when you can't build them fast enough to allow dealers to have any inventory, you tend to not see the need for individual tweaks. It is a part of the old LTV that many of us miss.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure why... really not an off-road type of RV...

Given it's rather compact size, it sure could be taken off hard surface roads and out some into the middle of nowhere with the 4500 chassis, the 57 gallon tank, and slightly larger diameter tire sizes for more ground clearance. Those changes would go a long way towards making it a great rig for better boondocking out West, along with all regular camping spots and styles everywhere. That's how I have our 24 foot Itasca Class C set up now for good versatility.

The reason for my cabover bed issue: In our case, the DW has a bad back and so needs all the spread-out room of the rear corner bed. I sleep in the queen size overhead bed, but could get by with just a single bed up there with less/limited head room so as to still make good aero-dynamic shaping possible. We need to maintain a permanent table so as to make getting ready for bed a minimum hassle and hold stuff for nighttime use, plus for a occasional grand-kids sleeping bed.

Leisure is coming close to offering a versatile Class C like I describe above. (Except it's only offered on a chassis without enough cylinders in it's engine. :B )

Phoenix Cruiser also could offer a versatile Class C like I describe above.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
That Libero rig has a nice mix of many things we consider important in a small Class C (however, we're Ford fans).

And I bought it specifically because I am not. :B

pnichols wrote:
- Interior height is marginal for tall folks.

Fortunately I'm short.

pnichols wrote:
- Why no single bed tucked into that overhead cab area?

Because it would only hold an infant or maybe up to a 3 year old. It is specifically for people who don't want or need a bed up there and want the better mileage provided by an aerodynamic front shape. The dinette directly under that area is a bed and it would be silly to have both unless you want someone jumping out of bed and walking over you.

pnichols wrote:
- Why isn't it offered on the Chevy 4500 chassis for a little more mechanical ruggedness and maybe slightly better ground clearance?

Not sure why... really not an off-road type of RV...
Mumkin
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
That Libero rig has a nice mix of many things we consider important in a small Class C (however, we're Ford fans).

Taking a careful look at it's description, I saw only these red flags:

- Interior height is marginal for tall folks.

- Why no single bed tucked into that overhead cab area?

- Why isn't it offered on the Chevy 4500 chassis for a little more mechanical ruggedness and maybe slightly better ground clearance?

- It needs the Chevy 57 gallon fuel tank.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
fdwarren wrote:
You are are correct: the SunSeeker 2500TS is actually 27.5 ft long and the 2700DS which does NOT come with a Chevy is another couple of feet longer. I wanted the 2500 but with a Chevy the cab seats do not swivel and there is no where for anyone to sit other than the J couch. The 2700DS is the one I wish came on a Chevy.

I also have a small RV on a Chevy Chassis and had the same problem of limited seating, but I made a small and easy mod that gave me the swivel seat I wanted and opened it up and got the seating I wanted and needed.

Here is that Mod. Just scroll down on the Shop 4 Seat website and you will see Seat Bases
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

fdwarren
Explorer
Explorer
You are are correct: the SunSeeker 2500TS is actually 27.5 ft long and the 2700DS which does NOT come with a Chevy is another couple of feet longer. I wanted the 2500 but with a Chevy the cab seats do not swivel and there is no where for anyone to sit other than the J couch. The 2700DS is the one I wish came on a Chevy. I do not want to move up to a 28 or 30 ft C Class, so I am back to looking for a different one with a Chevy. Come on Forest River: USE THE CHEVY on the 2700DS.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
fdwarren wrote:
The Sunseeker 25 ft has a Chevy model but, disappointingly, the 27 footer only comes on a Ford. The Chevy is so much more comfortable and easier to drive than the Ford. I REALLY wish Forest River would use the Chevy for the 2700DS. I'd buy it right away!

This Chevy based one is 27.5 foot rig:
2500 TS

optional dinettes available also (OP, said something about Sunseeker's dinette).

Lots of options, configurations, pluses, that a buyer has to figure out:h

Get out and make lasting adventures!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

fdwarren
Explorer
Explorer
The Sunseeker 25 ft has a Chevy model but, disappointingly, the 27 footer only comes on a Ford. The Chevy is so much more comfortable and easier to drive than the Ford. I REALLY wish Forest River would use the Chevy for the 2700DS. I'd buy it right away!

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
mumkin wrote:
If it is quality you are looking for on a Chevy... the LTV Libero is the one. They are nearly impossible to find used, and a new one has a 6-9 month wait.

Comfortable cab and handles beautifully with nothing after market added.

Ditto what Mumkin says
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
If it is quality you are looking for on a Chevy... the LTV Libero is the one. They are nearly impossible to find used, and a new one has a 6-9 month wait.

Comfortable cab and handles beautifully with nothing after market added.
Mumkin
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leisure makes a really nice small RV on a Chevy Chassis
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tom311
Explorer
Explorer
ive seen the sunseeker with chevy and also coachmen.dont like the quality of coachmen and sunseekers dinette. and thor has some chevy.again not sure of their quality.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Sunseeker has Chevy based options, a 25 ft and a 27 length.

Enjoy our Sunseeker!

Good luck!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Thats because Chevrolet sold the motorhome chassis line to Workhorse in 1999.
Same chassis, different name and no longer being made. Anything you find will most likely be used.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad